The price of Bitcoin fell for nearly 24 hours on Sunday, a drop of more than 6%, but in contrast, countless other coins have achieved significant growth. The value of cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum and Monero have all risen, while Bitcoin has fallen sharply.
**This post has been updated to reflect the recent Bitcoin (BTC) price change at 3:33 PM (Eastern Standard Time) on January 10, 2021 (Sunday).
- After hitting a record high a day and a half ago, Bitcoin (BTC) fell to a low of $37,194 on Sunday, January 10, 2021. Currently, BTC is down by more than 6.4% and is trading at $38,239 during the trading session (EST) on Sunday afternoon.
- On Saturday and Sunday, when BTC merged, Ethereum (ETH) jumped to a high of $1,340 per coin in 2021. ETH is still up more than 4% today, and is exchanged for $1,285 per token on Sunday.
- Another cryptocurrency with significant growth this weekend is Bitcoin Cash (BCH), which is up 14% today. However, yesterday, BCH rose by more than 30%, trading at a high of US$625 per unit in 2021. Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is currently trading at US$612 per token, with a market value of approximately US$11.2 billion.
- Litecoin (LTC) also performed well on Saturday, soaring to $185 per unit. Today, the token has been exchanged for 170 per LTC. The crypto asset LTC has fallen by only 1% in the past 24 hours, and its market value on Sunday is approximately $11.3 billion.
- In terms of earnings, another strong performance this weekend was the Monero (XMR) market valuation. XMR jumped to $174 per coin, and crypto assets still rose by more than 18% on Sunday. According to data from markets.Bitcoin.com, the overall Monero market valuation today is only $3 billion.
- The top five stocks with the biggest gains on Sunday saw gains between 40% and 91%, including coins such as gold coins, Bitcoin Diamonds, Ethereum Classic, ultratrain and horizen. The stocks that lost the most on Sunday included appcoins, nexus, navcoin, everex, and golem, as the value of these assets has shrunk by -19% to -30% today.
- After BTC’s all-time high price recently pushed the Bitcoin Dominance Index (BDI) to 70%, recent price spikes in other tokens pushed BDI down to 68%.
- At the time of publication, the entire crypto market economy is still worth more than $1.03 trillion. Although BTC has suffered losses in the past 24 hours, the overall market value still exceeds 7%.
- **Update: Since the post was published at 2:46 pm Eastern Standard Time, the price of Bitcoin (BTC) has fallen to a low of $34,322 per unit. At 3:33 pm, the price hovered around $36,660 per coin. After BTC fell below the $35,000 range on Sunday, other cryptocurrency economies also experienced some good percentage losses.
View all the latest cryptocurrency price trends in real time on market.Bitcoin.com.
What do you think of the tokens whose prices have plummeted and soared? Let us know your thoughts on this topic in the comments section below.
Picture Credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons