The investigation was conducted after a TV report on Channel M6 that aired on Friday, which showed hidden footage of two high-end restaurants with maskless customers.
In the video, an undercover reporter enters a private dining club with closed shutters and is greeted by a waiter wearing white gloves. She was invited to represent who was invited, and was told: “Once you walk through the door, there will be no more Covid.”
Hearing the chief’s explanation, the menu starts at 160 Euros (US$190) per person. For 490 euros (US$580), diners can sip champagne while savoring foie gras with langoustines with truffle and ginger sauce.
A spokesperson for the Paris prosecutor said in an interview with CNN on Monday: “We are studying allegations of possible life-threatening and undeclared labor.”
Last week, a further “limited lock-in” took effect, and President Emmanuel Macron warned that the country may “out of control” the epidemic.
The video continues to show another dinner party held in a luxurious environment, with large tapestries and gilded paintings hanging on it. Seeing guests “kissing” each other, kissing each other.
The organizer seems to claim: “I ate at two or three restaurants this week. These restaurants are so-called secret restaurants with a certain number of ministers.”
Due to the striking decoration of the restaurant, it was later owned by Pierre-Jean Chalençon as Palais Vivienne.
Chalençon’s lawyer issued a statement on Sunday, acknowledging that the distorted voice in the video belonged to his client, but he was joking when he said that the government minister attended the dinner.
The scandal caused countless outrage on the Internet, and the hashtag #OnVeutLesNoms (the name we want) was popular on Twitter on Monday.
Government spokesman Gabriel Attal told the LCI news channel on Sunday that the authorities have been investigating reports of illegal political parties for several months, and so far, 200 suspects have been found. . Attar added: “They will face severe punishment.”