There are very few predictable things in life. Sadly, one of them is a Windows update error. After each major update, you will see a large number of reports about broken drivers, glitches, and “blue screen of death”.
These updates also bring critical security patches, so it is best not to skip these patches. Updates can also speed things up, although if the PC is busy completing each task, you may need some additional help. Tap or click here to get a smart, simple way to speed up your computer.
Speaking of clever techniques, I like to share ways to get more benefits from technology. If you own an iPhone, don’t miss these 10 iPhone tips that you will always use.
Now that all issues have been resolved from the fall update of Windows, it is time to apply the best new features to the test drive.
First, you need to update
Is the Windows 10 October update installed on your computer? This is a quick and easy inspection method.hit Windows key + RAnd enter Winner In the pop-up box.select it is good. The latest version is 2009, the internal version number is 19042.572.
If it is not installed, you can update by navigating to Windows 10 Set value, Click Update and security,then click Windows update. From there, you will be able to see if there are new updates available for download.If not, just click Check for updates Force the process.
Now you can start using these new features.
Productivity: Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts you need to know
1. Customize your “Start” menu
Choosing accent colors to customize the features of Windows 10 is nothing new, but this update brings more changes. Now you can switch between light and dark colors between the default Windows mode and the default application mode.
The default Windows mode changes the color of the taskbar and “Start” menu. The default application mode changes the colors of windows and folders.
To switch between light or dark mode:
- select Start In the lower left corner
- Click on Set value (Gear icon)
- select personalise,then click color In the left menu
- Under Choose color, you can choose Light or dark mode, Or a combination of both
Here, you can choose an accent color for all windows and colors.
Expert tip: Use the mouse to access it faster.Right-click on your desktop and select personalise.Click on color And follow the last step above.
2. View all open windows and tabs
If you have many windows open, the shortcuts and applications on the taskbar may become confusing. You can quickly view open windows without searching the taskbar.
This trick is the favorite of the time-honored brand, but now Alt + Tab Show all your open browser tabs at the same time. (Note: It only applies to Microsoft Edge.)
To try, press and hold Alt key Key and then label key. Windows will show you the opened snapshot.
While holding down the Alt key, you can select a window in the following ways: label Or use the mouse cursor.To close the window, just click X In the upper right corner of the preview.
Google, okay? Edge has a convenient new search feature that may make you abandon Chrome
3. If you have Surface Pro or Surface Book, please switch to tablet mode
In just a few clicks, the Surface Pro or Surface Book can magically transform from a PC to a tablet. This setting is perfect for your need for a device that is easier to touch and easy to navigate. It also makes it work better with Windows applications designed for tablets.
Switching between tablet and PC mode is very simple:
- select activity Center In the taskbar. It is the bubble icon in the upper right corner next to the clock.
- There are several options below the notification, including Wi-Fi connection, airplane mode, and screenshots.
- Search Tablet mode. Click it to switch.
- To switch back to PC mode, just follow the same steps.
Note: This function is only available when your device has a touch screen.
Need more Windows tips? Once a day, send all the best safety and privacy tips directly to your inbox. Tap or click here to try it out.
4. Change the display refresh rate
The refresh rate of the monitor determines the degree of movement displayed on the screen. This is especially important when playing graphics-intensive video games, but you will also notice this when dragging open windows.
The monitor supports different refresh rates, which are determined by the manufacturer and model. Generally, a 60Hz monitor can display images at 60 frames per second.
If the graphics are lagging, please check if the screen is at the maximum refresh rate:
- Click on Start button In the bottom left corner, then select Set value (Gear icon).
- Click on systemAnd then display. It should open automatically or select it from the left menu.
- Scroll down to the second to last option, Advanced display settings.
- If you are using dual monitors, select the monitor you want to change from the drop-down list.
- inside Refresh rate In the drop-down menu, you will see some refresh rate options supported by the monitor.
- Just click the desired refresh rate and close the window.
See cleaner: Use this free tool to optimize your monitor settings.
5. Pin the tab to the taskbar
Just like pinning a calculator, screenshot tool, or your favorite application to the taskbar, the latest update also allows you to pin website tags. This function can easily and immediately visit the websites you visit most without starting the browser.
Note: Again, this only applies to Microsoft Edge.
- Open Microsoft Edge and browse to the website you want to pin.
- In the upper right corner, click Set value (Three dots).
- Navigate and hover over More tools.
- Please click Pin to taskbar And choose the title to display when hovering over the pushpin.
As a bonus, you can follow the steps above, instead of clicking “pin to taskbar”, you can choose Start taskbar pinning wizard. Edge will take a few seconds to analyze your browsing habits and will provide you with some website suggestions. convenient!
Need a slow PC, printer, or software that cannot be cracked? Post your technical questions to get specific answers from me and other technical experts. Visit my Q&A forum and get technical help immediately.
Do you have any questions about the digital lifestyle? Call Kim’s national radio program and click or click here to find it on your local radio station. You can listen to or watch The Kim Komando Show on your phone, tablet, TV or computer. Or click or click here to get Kim’s free podcast.
Copyright 2021 by WestStar Multimedia Entertainment. all rights reserved.
Learn about all the latest technologies in the nation’s largest weekend radio talk show “Kim Komando Show”. Kim answers the phone and provides advice on today’s digital lifestyle, from smartphones and tablets to online privacy and data hacking. For her daily tips, free newsletters, etc., please visit her website Komando.com.