The problem with the affected fuel pumps is that they can die at any time, and if this happens at high speeds (that is, driving on the highway), it will increase the likelihood of a crash. Even if you are not driving fast, a fuel pump failure means that the vehicle has failed, which is bad.
The solution is to replace the faulty fuel pump with a fuel pump with an improved design, which should have higher failure resistance. Distributors will install these pumps free of charge for owners of affected models, including:
- 2013-2015 Lexus LS 460
- 2013-2015 Lexus GS 350
- 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser, Lexus ISF
- 2014-2015 Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser; Lexus GX 460, IS 350, LX 570
- 2015 model year Lexus NX 200t, RC 350
- 2017 Lexus IS 200t, RC 200t GS 200t
- 2017-2019 Toyota Highlander; Lexus GS 350
- 2017-2020 Toyota Sienna and Lexus RX 350
- 2017-2020 Toyota Tacoma model year
- 2018-2019 Toyota 4Runner, Land Cruiser; Lexus GS 300, GX 460, IS 300, IS 350, LS 500h, LX 570, NX 300, RC 300, RC 350
- 2018-2020 Toyota Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Sequoia, Tundra; Lexus ES 350, LC 500, LC 500h, LS 500, RX 350L
- 2019 Toyota Corolla Hatchback and Lexus UX 200
- 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4
You can expect to be notified by Toyota from December.