About Brown QB
“That was Baker Mayfield in 2018.”
In Cincinnati last week, you saw him complete 22 of the 23 passes in the past three quarters. Is that true?
I can tell you some of the top Browns, from the front office to the coaching staff feel relaxed. Considering the only incomplete pass is not real, it was the best three-quarters of Mayfield̵
A person close to the situation told me, “When Baker started hitting those balls, it was like a huge weight falling off his shoulders. He had fun again, and it all disappeared.”
The simple explanation is that Odell Beckham Jr. left the game in the first round of Mayfield that day. This was an interception and Beckham suffered a severe ACL knee injury while trying to overcome the Cincinnati defensive guard. Beckham will be eliminated for 9 to 12 months.
What about ODELL?
A top NFL source told me, “It’s too simple” to say that Mayfield found his 2018 season because of Beckham’s absence. Mayfield’s rookie season (and the best) was before the Browns received a receiver from the New York Giants in 2018.
But they do not deny certain changes. Good things happened.
There is a disclaimer: Cincinnati’s poor defense is the first team. When a star is damaged, the backup sometimes has an immediate impact. Remember, D’Ernest Johnson performed best when Nick Chubb fell when he injured his knee in Dallas. Johnson ran 95 yards (13 yards) against the Cowboys (Cowboys).
Since then, Johnson has won 36 yards out of 14 carries.
I was warned to enter the “If Odell were not there, they would be better” camp. The Browns often let Beckham go far, which puts pressure on defensive mid-level players, especially safety.
In a sense, he is often an attractive person, which opens the middle of the field for running competitions. Now, none of them will direct this defensive attention.
Before Mayfield showed an amazing winning streak (5 TD, 22 of 23 passes) in Cincinnati’s final three quarters, it was a mess. In the previous seven quarters, he threw 5 interceptions and completed 43% of his passes.
This is why the Browns also believe that Sunday’s game against the Raiders could be a turning point for Mayfield-if he can perform well again (even in the face of another weak defense).
I heard that Mayfield practiced for a good week. He has been working hard throughout the season, but this week he was more “happy”, offensive coordinator Alex Van Pelt (Alex Van Van Pelt) believes that the reason Mayfield jumped out of the penalty zone was in Bangladesh Practice before the game.
He said: “His preparation is the best preparation. This is the blueprint. This is our weekly expectations. He has more swagger and self-confidence, you can see in practice.”
Maybe he considered too much when considering new fouls, and didn’t follow some of his usual instincts when passing passes quickly.
Mayfield said: “Sometimes you feel it.” “You put the ball in the right place. You are reading. Your vision slows down.”
This will happen when Mayfield regains confidence. He is not in a hurry, he has a natural feeling for where to find an open recipient. This can also happen when the caller is learning Mayfield and adapting the game to his skills.
There are many theories about Beerfield and Berea. The most important thing is-Mayfield (Mayfield) spends time again to learn the new head coach. This is boring, but this is most likely the case.
About trade deadline
1. Brown did not make any noise about the deal before the deadline on Tuesday. Nevertheless, I hope they can make a difference. This may not be a big deal, but the front desk is ready to make a deal.
2. Chief Strategy Officer Paul DePodesta (Paul DePodesta) and General Motors Company Andrew Berry (GM Andrew Berry) served as a member of the front office in 2017, the office and Brock Osway Brock Osweiler signed a $16 million contract to add second-round picks from Houston in the 2018 draft. Many people in the NFL cancelled the deal, but they didn’t think it was an NBA-type deal.
3. The second round of 2018 is Nick Chubb. If the Browns fail to make a deal, they may not have Chubb. They have their own second-round pick (33rd) in the draft and use it for Austin Corbett. They used the Houston pick (#35) to grab Chubb. Therefore, it is clear that they rate Corbett higher than Chubb.
4. On Monday morning, QB’s Albert Breer reported: “The name of the veteran pass sprinter Olivier Vernon is constantly circulating and can be used by teams seeking help in the area. I think the Browns can trade Vernon and add a pass elsewhere. It doesn’t make much sense for a golfer to replace him.”
5. Vernon missed two games. But in his five games, his defensive field goal percentage was as high as 80%. They might take Sheldon Richardson from tackles to the defensive end.
6. The experienced Adrian Clayborn can play defensively, but what is shocking is that he has not had 81 spikes in the past four games, no QB shooting percentage or anything. Vernon didn’t do much-zero sacks, 2 QB hits, 364 spikes and 11 tackles. Except that the Browns would like to upgrade, I don’t know how to create Vernon rumors.
7. I don’t think they have a well-known receiver on the market to replace Beckham. I have heard rumors about Breshard Perriman (Breshard Perriman), he and the Jets received a total of 11 passes. He joined the Browns in 2018 and is currently becoming a speed receiver during a concussion. But John Dorsey’s former office liked Perriman, not this.
8. Brown is expected to withdraw KhaDarel Hodge from the injured list this weekend. The coach likes Hodge because he can help with special teams and receivers. He played in front of Rashard Higgins, who is now the starter. Hodge shot 55% of his field goal percentage in his three healthy games and scored three passes.
9. The Browns want to see Donovan Peoples-Jones, whose name is “Mr. Reliable.” That’s amazing. “He is always in the right place at the right time. For young players, queuing is not an easy task. We rank him in multiple positions.”
10. Brown will observe the performance of their recipients on the strategy before making any major trading decisions. My guess is that they will stay in the current group.
The most recent Terry Pluto column
Hi Terry, what about Sandy Alomar? About ownership?
Brown is 5-2, but is it Fool’s Gold 5-2?
Odell Beckham’s giant deal turned out to be not very big
Post-match graffiti depicting Brown’s amazing victory at Cincy
Miss LeBron James who helped Aaron
New Browns masks for sale: Here you can buy adult and youth coronavirus protection masks with the theme of Cleveland Browns, including single masks ($14.99) and 3-piece sets ($24.99). All NFL proceeds are donated to the CDC Foundation.