PARIS – The Latest About the Paris Knife Attack (All Local Times):
A private organization in the United States that monitors extremists online says the Islamic State News Agency has posted a video a man who looks like a Parisian knacker and urges French citizens to put pressure on their government if they want the attacks to end.
The alleged suspect on Saturday night was shot dead by the police after he killed five people
French officials said the attacker was a 20-year-old French citizen born in the Russian Republic of Chechnya. You have not verified if he is the person to be seen in the 2 ½ minute video that was posthumously posthumously published by the Amaq news agency Sunday.
The man in the video speaks French and his face is covered to the eyes.
He accuses France of his role in the US-led coalition against the Islamic State group and says, "If you want attacks to end, put pressure on your government."
The SITE Intelligence Group, a Maryland organization monitoring online extremist postings, highlighted and shared the video on Sunday.
The Islamic State's Amaq News Agency has released a video that appears to show a jihadist monitoring group to the suspect on Saturday's knife attack in Paris, led by group leader Abu Bakr. Baghdadi, Fidelity Vows
It is unclear whether the man was actually the attacker in the two-and-a-half-minute video that was published posthumously. His nose and mouth are covered and he does not identify himself with his name.
In French, he calls on European Muslims to attack their home countries if they are unable to emigrate to the caliphate. The video is undated, but a steady rain falls behind the man, as on Saturday in Paris.
The SITE Intelligence Group, which oversees jihadi online postings, said the Paris attacker was the person in the video Amaq released on Sunday. IS claims the attack suspects as one of his "soldiers" on early Sunday.
French officials have said the suspect in the Paris attack is a 20-year-old French citizen who was born in the Russian republic of Chechnya. The police killed him deadly at the scene, killing one person and injuring four.
Chechen President identified him as Khamzat Azimov on Sunday.
A law clerk says: A friend of the young man who passed near a pedestrian in a Parisian neighborhood was arrested in the East French city of Strasbourg
The friend is the third Person interrogating French police since suspect on Saturday night Attack – a 20-year-old French citizen born in the Russian Republic of Chechnya – killed one person and wounded four others.
The alleged assailant's parents were arrested in the northern 18th district of Paris after their son's death shot by the police
Chechnya's President identified the attacker as Khamzat Azimov
The justice said Sunday arrested man was a friend of Azimov, who was also born in 1997. The official was not authorized to speak publicly and asked that he not be named.
– by Elaine Ganley in Paris.
A French lawyer says the young man stabbing people in a lively The Paris district had no arrest warrant, but was on the watch list for possible radicalism.
The officer said the parents of the alleged aggressor, a 20-year-old French citizen born in the Russian Republic of Chechnya,
They were detained in their apartment in the northern 18th district of Paris, after police arrested the Suspects had shot in an attack on Saturday night.
The magistrate was not authorized to speak publicly and did not ask
One person was killed and four others were wounded in the knife riots wounded near the Paris Garnier Opera. The Islamic State Group took responsibility
Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov first identified the suspect as Khasan Azimov. He updated the man's first name and identified him as Khamzat Azimov
– by Elaine Ganley in Paris.
The head of the Chechen Republic of Russia says that France is responsible for the deadly knife attack by a Chechen-born man in Paris
Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov said on Sunday he had been informed that the dead assailant had obtained French citizenship and held a Russian passport until his 14th birthday.
The official, who is not allowed to speak publicly, says the suspect was born in November 1997, which now made him 20 years old.
Kadyrov identified the suspect, who was fatally shot by the police, as Khasan Azimov.
Russian news agencies cited the Chechen leader as saying: "I think it is necessary to explain that the responsibility for the fact that Khasan Azimov took to the street of the crime lies entirely with the French authorities, who only became Chechnya born, and his growing up, the formation of his personality, his views and convictions occurred in French society. "
A man from Luxembourg was at a knife attack in the heart of four people Paris injured.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the small country north of France said in a statement on Sunday that the man had received emergency treatment and was no longer in danger. The statement did not say whether he was a tourist or a resident of Paris or outlined other details.
A 29-year-old man was killed in the attack and four people were injured. Interior Minister Gerard Collomb said one of the injured had undergone an emergency operation and two friends had been hospitalized with less severe injuries, but all had no life-threatening threat.
The assailant was killed by police after stabbing near the Opera Garnier on a busy Saturday night.
A French official says the Chechen man behind a lethal mess in the center of Paris was in the police radar for radicalism.
The Attorney General Explained The Associated While the alleged attacker had no arrests or convictions, he was in a nationwide database of thousands of individuals suspected of involvement in radicalism. The official was not authorized to be called publicly and to speak about an ongoing investigation.
The attacker was killed by the police after he had killed one man and injured four others. The parents of the attacker are interviewed. Anti-terror investigators lead the exploratory inquiry on Saturday near the Paris Opera, which was demanded by the Islamic State group.
Authorities say the attacker was born in the majority of the Russian-Muslim republic of Chechnya, which has long struggled with extremism. The Russian Embassy in France did not want to comment on Sunday.
– By Angela Charlton in Paris
French officials say the Russian-born man attacked five people in central Paris with a knife had no police records and did not know his victims , Interior Ministry spokesman Frederic de Lanouvelle told the Associated Press on Sunday that the man was born in the Russian Republic of Chechnya in 1997 and has no prior convictions or arrests. He said the attacker has no connection with his victims.
It was not clear if the attacker was considered radicalist in the past. The Islamic State claimed that he was one of their fighters.
A police officer said the attacker did not have identity documents with him during the attack on Saturday, but was identified by DNA. His parents were interrogated on Sunday.
The assailant was killed after stabbing a 29-year-old man and injuring two women and two men. Her life was out of danger Sunday.
A French magistrate says the man behind a fatal knife attack in central Paris was born in Chechnya in 1997 and his parents were detained
The official said Sunday , the attacker would have the French nationality, but was born in the Russian Republic. The officer, who was not authorized to make public submissions, provided no further information about the identity of the attacker.
The French Interior Minister holds a special session on Sunday on the attack demanded by the Islamic State Group.
The attacker was killed by the police after he killed a 29-year-old man on Saturday night and injured four others in a busy area near the Opera Garnier.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, transmitted, rewritten or redistributed.