قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / The fire department said a house in southeast Houston exploded due to a gas leak

The fire department said a house in southeast Houston exploded due to a gas leak



The Houston Fire Department said a gas leak in a house in southeast Houston caused a fire and caused an explosion on Sunday morning.

This happened on Dalton Avenue around 10 am

The authorities said that a person named CenterPoint reported a gas leak.

About an hour later, they said that an explosion had occurred and the house was lifted from the foundation. Then the fire started, leaving only the remains of a pile of houses.

Watch: Neighbor’s doorbell camera captures flames from house fire

HFD said that the owner of the house on fire was able to escape before the explosion, and there were no reports of injuries to other people.

Mike Mire, vice president of HFD, said: “This is a very lucky situation, no one was injured.”

; “When an explosion occurs, the pressure wave usually spreads and is only blocked by adjacent houses. Surprisingly, the damage is limited to A house.”

Watch: HFD assistant.The dean explains the cause of the fire in southeast Houston

He also said that the fire spread to a nearby house and a car was parked nearby.

Watch: “Think it was a bomb”: The neighbor described what she saw and heard during the explosion

The explosion broke the windows of nearby houses and caused other minor damage. Mill said victims who lost their homes have been contacting the American Red Cross for help.

CenterPoint personnel can also come out to control the leak. They said the leak occurred in the two-inch pipe, so they must gradually work hard to close it.

Meyer said: “If you smell gas, go out quickly.” “Do not turn on any light switches. Do not flick any flashlights.”

Copyright © 2020 KTRK-TV. all rights reserved.




Source link