AT&T said that after the bomb in downtown Nashville caused significant damage to its infrastructure on Friday, “significant progress” was made on Saturday night and early Sunday as the company is committed to restoring mobile and Internet communications services.
This means that on the third day, the aftermath of an explosion near the AT&T central office continued to affect customers and hinder emergency services. The company confirmed that the office has disconnected the commercial power supply and is working with the local power company to restore the online.
Nashville Fire Department Chief William Swann (William Swann) said on Sunday that AT&T expects to reach full capacity on Sunday night, although the company has not confirmed.
The police emergency systems in Tennessee, Kentucky and Alabama as well as the COVID-1
Counties such as Christian County, Kentucky, about 70 miles from Nashville, Kentucky, are instructing residents to use alternate phone numbers for emergency calls. The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office in Tennessee also provided similar advice.
AT&T said Sunday morning that 65% of the liquidity locations affected by the explosion had been restored.
NASHVILLE BAR OWNER: The explosion “brought us… out of bed”
The telecommunications giant said in the latest news: “We will invest more resources to support the recovery of wired voice and data services, and hope that by the end of today, there will be 24 additional disaster recovery equipment trailers on site.”
There was a telephone switch in the damaged building with network equipment, but the company declined to disclose the exact number of people affected.
When asked if it is possible to target the AT&T building, Douglas Korneski, the head of the FBI’s Memphis field office, said on Saturday: “We are studying all the motives that may be involved.”
Make FOX business development by clicking here
AT&T confirmed: “The explosion caused significant damage to the building, including elevators, some beams/pillars and the exterior walls of the building.”
Click here to read more about FOX business
Federal agents searched the residence of a potentially interested person in the suburbs of Nashville on Saturday and said they had received more than 500 prompts related to the incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.