Considering that the coronavirus pandemic has caused changes in consumer behavior, we found that card issuers are creative in increasing time-limited allowances.
Around the middle of 2020, we saw an increase in temporary allowances for American Express cards, and this trend continues. In this article, I want to summarize the benefits that will be added to the American Express card in 2021
American Express (Amex) new 2021 card member privileges
Considering the different forms of American Express cards, it may be difficult to track all the time-limited allowances they provide-some do not require registration, some can be provided through American Express discounts, some are targeted, some are not. Not yet published.
The following is a summary of what is currently offered and what we can expect by card:
New Amex Personal Platinum Card Privileges
American Express’s Platinum Card® (Comments) Several different promotions are being offered.
You can get a statement credit of up to $180 through PayPal:
- You can get a monthly credit limit of up to $30 between January 1 and June 30, 2021, with a total value of up to $180
- This only applies to purchases made at qualified merchants via PayPal
- No registration required
Most importantly, there are some special American Express discount deals for people who use an American Express Platinum card (registration required), and these transactions are valid for those who have a card from November 1, 2020. American Express said that this transaction can provide a statement of up to $1,700. , Which includes the following:
- Avis Car Rental Service-Spend over $250 + eligible purchases, you can get $75 back, up to two times
- BestBuy.com-Spend $50+ to get a gift, return $50, up to two times
- Goldbelly-Eligible spending over $100, you can get back $50, up to three times
- Home Chef-Receive a gift with spending of $50+, a refund of $50, up to three times
- HomeDepot.com — Spend $50+ for qualifying purchases, return $50, up to two times
- Instacart-Spend $250+ to get a gift, return $50, up to two times
- Samsung-a one-time purchase of $ 1,000, then $ 200 back
- Scribd-Scribe $9.99+ to get a gift, return $9.99, get up to 5 times
- Container Store-You can get a gift if you spend $150+, a $50 refund, and you can get up to two times
- Equinox’s virtual personal training—spend $780+ on eligible purchases, return $130, up to five times
- Wine Insiders – Receive a gift with a purchase of $30+, a $30 refund, up to two times
I personally think that the services provided by Best Buy and Home Depot are the most profitable.
American Express New Platinum Business Card Privileges
American Express Business Platinum Card® (Comment) Promote that it provides up to 400,000 additional member bonus points in the backhaul business category.
As of June 30, 2021, those who have an American Express Business Platinum Card can earn 5 times the membership bonus points (additional 4 times the points) in the following categories of US shopping:
- Office Supplies
Credit card members can earn up to 80,000 points per category and need to register through Amex discounts. Of course, the vast majority of small businesses will not be able to fully maximize these categories, but these are still not a small sum.
I personally think that the value of member reward points is 1.7 cents per cent, so the rate of return is 8.5%.
New Amex small business card privileges
Amex small business cards can provide up to $250 rebate for eligible business purchases:
- Requires registration via American Express discount
- You can refund $25 with a statement credit for transactions over $500 (up to 10 times)
- Valid until June 30, 2021
You can’t beat putting this card on Blue Business Plus Credit Card from American Express (Comment), because it provides 2 times membership bonus points for every dollar spent.
New Amex Travel temporary allowance
Don’t get too excited at all, but American Express (Amex) advertises that Amex Travel has some new offers. For example, Fine Hotels & Resorts (applicable to hotels using Amex Platinum) provides free accommodation or accommodation vouchers of USD 250 or more for accommodation in more than 200 hotels. You can find all the special offers for premium hotels and resorts here.
The problem is that there are usually free accommodation and credit offers. The list may be better than usual, but I can’t see anything spectacular. It needs to be clarified that we are not talking about free accommodation without free accommodation, but about everything from the third night to the sixth night.
Earn extra points at certain premium hotels and resorts
New American Express Delta, Hilton and Marriott benefits are coming soon
Although it hasn’t been released yet, American Express said that in the coming weeks, we can expect to see new limited-time offers for existing personal and small business cards issued with Delta SkyMiles, Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy.
However, we will have to continue to pay attention to the details of these offers.
Given the changing patterns of consumer behavior, card issuers are adding various temporary privileges, and it is great to see this continue to exist in 2021. So far, we have seen the American Express Platinum Card and Small Business Card add the most privileges.
I think that Amex Platinum’s $30 per month PayPal credit limit is the most exciting so far, which makes the card a breeze.
Hope we can also see new benefits on the joint card.
What do you think of Amex’s limited time allowance in 2021?