On April 22, Estonia starts the World Cup in ice hockey against Japan.
The team traveled to Lithuania today after defeating crowns (!) With 9-3 in the genre.
– We've really thought about playing in the Estonian League next season, reveals Crown founder Leif R. Carlson Sportbladet.
Nearly two years ago, Crowns held an attentive press conference where founder Leif R. Carlsson told me he wanted to play KHL and play home games in various arenas in Sweden and thus in the second-best league in the world.
From time to time the hockey event eliminated the plans altogether and since then not much has happened ̵
Then told Sportbladet Crowns began cooperation at various levels with the Baltic countries of Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia. Crowns had then bought the name for a national team tournament in which the Baltic national team participates.
Lost against the Estonian national team
Since then, Leif R. Carlsson has co-operated with Estonia and For two weeks the Crowns played at the first official ice hockey game against the Estonian champion HC Viking.
Yesterday (Crown) Crowns again went to Tallinn and then the team was competing against the Estonian national team on Monday, in Lithuania.
– It became 9-3 to them. They were on the road for three weeks while we were putting together a few people. We trained once a day before and then we left. It was a pretty much expected loss. Then Skelleftea will be ashamed if he has two games against Växjö 0: 11. But the best part was that Estonia was happy and a good match before the World Championships, "said Leif R. Carlsson to Sportbladet.
" Never got up "
Crown's team included Bik Karlskoga's new signing from Vimmerby Jesper Kokkonen otherwise there were several players from Division 2 of Nacka HK.
– We had only three fives who could compete for a moderate resistance, there was no trial or anything. "" Stay here, we have fun with it. "That's the level yet, says Carlsson.
What do these matches mean for Crown's future?
– What do you answer this question? .. These are the first physical ones Games, but it has never been that we've stuck to the idea that we'll play in one of the better leagues, there was never any discussion about that, but how we get there, we'll see.
Es Seems like you have contact in Estonia manufactured. Do you go from there or?
– We find it difficult to do KHL in Sweden. On the other hand, we can have a Scandinavian or even European team that has a home theater in Tallin. How it is received … it is far away. There are many opportunities. We really plan to play in the Estonian League next year. To connect contacts in Estonia and help their hockey.
Can you enter Estonia
You mean that it is possible to go to Estonian High Court until the next season?
– It is quite possible that we will enter their direct high-level. We can do that and if we, Estonian clubs and Estonian associations think that it works. At the moment, four teams play 18 games each season in their high-level league. If we jump in there, there would be 24 games. There are different ways where we will have our base. It may be that Sweden will also be our base. Then we could play once a month and play Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and meet all the teams.
When will a decision be made if you go to the Estonian League?
– The process is underway quite powerful now and made decision in May. It's definitely a possibility that probably feels, says Leif R. Carlsson.
Crown's players pose together with the Estonian national team.
Download also the sports magazine app 00:20