قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Sport / Source-Jacksonville Jaguars may select Trevor Lawrence (Trevor Lawrence) to become an attractive place for GM’s head coach

Source-Jacksonville Jaguars may select Trevor Lawrence (Trevor Lawrence) to become an attractive place for GM’s head coach



League sources told ESPN that the Jacksonville Jaguars may take further steps to ensure that they rank first in the 2021 NFL Draft and lose in Sunday’s game against the Chicago Bears, general manager and potential head coach. The candidates are watching closely.

Since the New York Jets defeated the Los Angeles Rams last weekend, the Jaguars rose to the No. 1 candidate. The general manager and head coach positions in Jacksonville have become more and more attractive to candidates. They are talking about What opportunity will this work with the expected pick Trevor Lawrence.

If the Jaguars get the No. 1 pick, they will have an advantage over any other team in hiring a general manager or head coach, plus their reserves for the 2021

draft, which will make these jobs as attractive as other potential positions. In the alliance.

The Jaguars plan to have 11 draft picks in the next April draft, including additional picks acquired in trades involving Jalen Ramsey, Yannick Ngakoue and Ronnie Harrison. The Jaguars will also have nearly $100 million in cap space, and at this time many other teams will have to cut players to reach the reduced salary cap.

Jaguar (1-13) has the tiebreaker, and the Jets (1-13) are the ones who will win the championship according to the schedule. If Jacksonville loses to Chicago, and if the Jets perform poorly against the Cleveland Browns again, then Jacksonville could get the first overall pick as early as Sunday. According to ESPN’s Football Power Index, the Jaguars have a 74.2% chance of falling to the top of the list, the Jets accounted for 25.6%, and the Bangladesh team accounted for 0.2%.

Since firing Dave Caldwell last month, the Jaguars have been looking for a new General Motors. Former General Motors general manager Rick Smith in Texas and ESPN Monday Night Football analyst Louis Riddick both gave Jacksonville an interview last week.

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone (Doug Marrone) has one season left after this year. He said last week that Jacksonville will try to win the last two games-even if it means losing the selection. Lawrence’s opportunity. Since the start of the 2018 season, Jacksonville has been 12-34 under Malone.

The Jaguars have lost 13 consecutive games and set a new record for the team. However, they have a real move in the city to expand the lost slip and select Lawrence, Clemson’s star quarterback. . Even Jacksonville Mayor Lenny Curry tweeted two tweets last Sunday night, the second of which read: “The season is here, and Santa Claus smiled at Jacks today.”

ESPN’s Michael DiRocco contributed to this report.


Source link