قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Entertainment / SAG-AFTRA said that “most” of the works will be suspended during the pandemic until mid-January

SAG-AFTRA said that “most” of the works will be suspended during the pandemic until mid-January



PST 12/29/2020 8:09 PM

by

Tribe Beresford

In a message released on Tuesday, the union emphasized the lack of ICU beds in California (especially Los Angeles County) and acknowledged the need for “immediate action.”

SAG-AFTRA President Gabrielle Carteris and National Executive Director David White posted a message on the union’s website on Tuesday, informing them of the COVID-19 shooting agreement in the context of the current surge in cases. Latest news.

The note said: “We told us in the letter that we are closely monitoring the recent surge in COVID-1

9 infections and the reported lack of intensive care unit (ICU) beds throughout California, especially Los Angeles County.”, please Confirm the related issues first and take immediate action.

The message summarized: “Most entertainment shows will remain interrupted until the second or third week of January.” “This means we have now reduced the number of member performers working on stage. Our safety regulations ensure Appropriate precautions during vacations have been taken, including increasing testing time before production is resumed.”

The union will continue to monitor the situation related to public health officials. It urges all members to be vigilant and “observe safety principles to protect themselves, their families, communities and colleagues.”

In addition to reminding people to wash their hands frequently and maintain social distancing, SAG-AFTRA’s COVID-19 safety reminder list is also linked.

Earlier Tuesday, whole-home orders in the area were extended in California without a specific end date. In addition, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health sent an update to members of the local film industry on December 24, reminding people to proceed with caution and “strongly consider suspending work for several weeks during this catastrophic surge in COVID cases.”

FilmLA issued a media consultation on Tuesday detailing the availability of new licenses at the beginning of the new year, noting that the strict security agreement so far proves that the film industry has “invested a lot in efforts to control COVID-19. “.

According to Los Angeles Public Health, Los Angeles County currently has 12,979 new COVID-19 cases and 7,181 hospitalizations.




Source link