A small fire broke out after the explosion Propane tanks outside Soldier Field, home of the NFL's Chicago Bears, on Saturday.
Chicago Police Department Information Officer Jose Jara Tells USA TODAY The sports authorities were called to Soldier Field around noon and found out that a sponsored tent had caught fire at an Autism Speaks event. A propane tank exploded near Gate 6 of the Soldier Field, and a tree caught fire as well.
Jara said the fire was quickly extinguished and only one person, a 60-year-old caretaker, was taken to Northwestern Medicine Hospital after a smoke inhalation.
When the authorities were alerted, several viewers were thickly caught in smoke from a distance in social media. Several explosions were heard after the Chicago Police Scanner resulting in a temporary panic. An announcement came over the speaker and told people to evacuate.