Princess Diana’s biographer Andrew Morton suggested that Meghan Markle was a working royal at Kensington Palace and lived a “normal life”.
In the television broadcast, the Duchess of Sussex claimed to Oprah Winfrey that when she became a member of the British royal family, her passport, driving license and keys were taken away. The 39-year-old also claimed that she needed to ask permission for daily tasks.
But Morton, who recently appeared on the “Royal Obsession” podcast, questioned these remarks.
The 68-year-old wrote “Diana: Her True Story-In Her Own Words” in 1992 and was asked whether Markle’s experience was similar to that of the late Princess of Wales.
The author replied: “Yes, no.” “When I watched the interview, I was ticking’yes, loneliness,’ yes, despair…that’s exactly what Diana said to me.”
Morton said: “But my friend once again saw Megan and walked back to Kensington Palace with a bag of food from the Whole Foods supermarket on Kensington Avenue.”
He declared to the media: “It doesn’t seem like a prison.” “Other friends have seen her in restaurants and friends, so in my opinion, she is living a normal life.”
Morton also pointed out that as early as February 2019, the former American actress flew to New York City on a private jet to celebrate the baby baptism before the birth of her son Archie. He claimed that Markle traveled abroad “not in handcuffs”.
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry plans to take a vacation after the birth of his daughter
He said: “Therefore, there are some contradictions and similarities with Diana.” “This is a complicated interview, leaving many unresolved questions.”
In the bombshell interview, Markle told the media tycoon that she left the house twice in four months.
“I’m everywhere, but I’m nowhere.” Markle shared. “I continue to say to people,’I know people are fascinated by the appearance of things, but no one talks about how it feels? Because now I can’t feel alone.'”
Morton’s request came on the second day after the Archbishop of Canterbury confirmed that he legally married the Duke and Duchess of Sussex in May 2018, not three days before the private ceremony.
Prince Harry called himself “free” and started a new life in California: he “has no disgust”
In an interview with the 67-year-old Winfrey, Markle said: “We got married three days before we got married.”
She said: “We called the Archbishop, just to say, look, this thing is for the world, but we hope that we can unite.” “So the vows we put in the room are just from the Archbishop of Canterbury in our backyard. Two people.”
Justin Welby stated that the couple were legally married at the castle on May 19, 2018, but would not disclose what happened at the private meeting before that.
Welby, the head of the Church of England, said: “I signed the marriage certificate, which is a legal document. If I know it is false when I sign the marriage certificate, then I will constitute a serious criminal offence.”
Click here for the FOX News App
Verby told the Italian newspaper La Repubblica: “I will not talk about what happened at any other meetings.” He said that he “held many private and pastoral meetings with the duke and duchess before the wedding.”
In an interview with Winfrey, Markle claimed that she had been treated with racism and cruel treatment by the royal family and the press during her work in the royal family.
In early 2020, the couple announced that they had resigned from the royal family and moved to North America on the grounds that what they were talking about was the unbearable invasion and racist attitude of the British media.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.