ALBANY, N.Y. – The Department of Health of New York State warns of a potential measles outbreak in several locations in western New York.
Scroll for more content …
The Department of Health reported that an international traveler from Europe whose measles were confirmed visited several places in the state of New York, and possibly other people on April 30, May 1, and May Measles Interspersed 2.
Anyone who has visited the following locations may have been exposed:
• Old Country Buffet, 821 Country Route 64, Elmira, New York, on April 30 between 1pm. and 4:00 pm
• Ontario Travel Plaza on NYS Thruway (I-90) in Leroy, NY on April 30 between 4:00 pm and 6:30 pm
• Sheraton Niagara Falls, 300 3rd Street, Niagara Falls, NY 5:30 pm on April 30 at 9:30 am on May 2
• Niagara Falls Urgent Care, 31
• Exit 5 on Interstate 390 in Dansville, NY, on May 2, between 9:30 am and noon
The Department of Health said that these times reflect the period in which the infected one Two hours after the person leaves the area, the virus remains in the air and surfaces for up to two hours.
Officials said that anyone with symptoms such as muscle aches, fever, or fatigue should seek medical attention immediately.
Visit the Health Department website for more tips and information on measles.