Secretary of State Mike PompeoMichael (Mike) Richard PompeoUS praised Britain’s ban on Huawei’s overnight defense after a pressure campaign: the expert group approved Bill 4.6B to solve the problem of funding for the border wall and the name change of the ally | Trump’s naval ship Boat fire says he has no more information to talk to the Chinese president On Wednesday, the world said that the world would “absolutely”
“I think the world will definitely make them pay the price,” Pompeo said in an interview with the editor-in-chief of The Hill. Bob CusackRobert (Bob) Cusack (Hill’s Coronavirus Report): As cases have proliferated nationwide, California has reopened. SoapBox CEO David Simnick said that agile companies can work around bottlenecks in the supply chain to obtain supplies for disinfectants and sanitary materials. Hill’s morning report—provided by Argentina—California is a warning story of a coronavirus because it shrank to avoid infection. Chris Christie said that at the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, the Trump team was not active enough. The tension between the White House, Fuqi boiled more.
Pompeo said: “You can see it, no matter where I go, every foreign minister I talk to admits what China has done to the world.”
The interview was conducted at the New Threat, New Defense Summit held in Hill, and the minister identified China as the national security priority of the second Trump administration if Trump is re-elected in this election.
The secretary said: “I am very convinced that the world’s view of China will be different from that before the disaster and that it will interact with China in a fundamentally different way.”
Pompeo said that the Trump administration’s strategy for China is to postpone “to ensure that we establish a fair and mutually beneficial relationship with the Chinese Communist Party.”
That was a series of actions taken against Beijing recently, and the cold communication between high-level officials, President TrumpDonald John Trump (Ivanka Trump) promotes Goya Foods products on Twitter. On Tuesday, he said he had no plans to talk to Chinese President Xi Jinping. Trump also told CBS News that he was “not interested” in reaching a second-stage trade agreement with the country.
Pompeo met with Chinese counterparts in Hawaii last month. Pompeo said that the United States is “participating in the dialogue,” but the Trump administration’s strategy for dealing with China is to respond to the US threat and move to “change behavior.” “
“This is the way the Communist Party of China acts and poses a real threat to the world. The United States will respond on every occasion to ensure that we maintain the national security of the United States and impose costs on the Communist Party. The party will have a Good result,” he said.
This includes an action taken by Pompeo this week to bring the United States into line with a 2016 International Court of Justice ruling that dismissed China’s claim in the South China Sea. The secretary said that the United States wanted “free and open Indian Pacific”.
Pompeo said it will make a decision on whether to ban Chinese social media app TikTok in the US in the short term. This is also under the premise of the State Council taking measures to restrict the visas of employees of telecommunications companies, including Huawei, if the company provides support to the regime to engage in human rights violations.
The Obama administration argued that China’s 2017 law requires communications companies to share data in security investigations, which poses a threat to users’ privacy.
Pompeo said: “Whether it is TikTok or any other Chinese communication platform, application, infrastructure, the government is taking seriously the request to protect Americans from their information eventually falling into the hands of the Communist Party of China.”
Another major area of dispute between China and the United States is Beijing’s growing authority over Hong Kong, and Trump officially ended the special relationship between the United States and Hong Kong on Tuesday.
Pompeo said on Wednesday that the president has not yet decided whether the United States will grant Hong Kong people refugee status.
Lawmakers introduced bipartisan legislation last month to allow Hong Kong residents to seek refugee status in the United States under Beijing’s national security laws.
The Trump administration has reduced the number of refugees allowed in the United States to 18,000 in 2020, the lowest level since the program was launched in 1980.
Pompeo said that “the number of asylum seekers has decreased.” People who are already in the United States are asking to stay because they are worried about their safety to return to their home country. The backlog in the United States is further hindered by the coronavirus pandemic.
“It’s a little slower. There are fewer and fewer asylum seekers, and the virus from China has also reduced our ability to handle asylum requests. We will be back soon,” he said.
The US State Department said that by 2020, it is expected to handle 350,000 asylum cases.