Officers stand guard at the local police headquarters after a plot in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia, Monday, May 1
SURABAYA, Indonesia – An Indonesian family brought their 7-year-old daughter to a suicide bombing that she launched on Monday in the police headquarters in the country's second-largest city, the authorities. Www.germnews.com /archive/dn/1995/11/21.html One day after members of another family carried out coordinated suicide attacks on three city churches that killed 12 people
The police chief Tito Karnavian said, "The girl, with two of the assailants on one." Motorcycle was due to the explosion in Surabaya police headquarters. The attack killed the four culprits. Six civilians and four officers were wounded.
The attack came only a few hours after the police arrived, when the family that carried out the bombings involved girls aged 8 and 12 years old.
The bombing has stirred up previously defeated militant networks The return of some of the estimated 1,100 Indonesians who fought with the Islamic State group in Syria has revived in the world's most populous Muslim majority population. Experts have warned for several years that these fighters could pose a significant threat when they return.
IS took responsibility for the church's bombings in a statement by its Aamaq news agency. However, Karnavian said earlier police comments that the family had spent time in Syria were incorrect.
He said the church bombers and attackers at the police headquarters were friends, as was another family whose self-made bombs exploded in their home. 19659013] The use of children in the attacks was particularly frightening for humans.
"This is frightening," said Taufik Andrie, executive director of an institute that runs programs to support militant extremists who reject extremism and re-enter society. "This shows how extremist ideology can engage children, children have no choice, they can not understand the choices they make."
A total of 25 people have died since Sunday, including 13 fighters and their children.
Indonesian President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo condemned the attacks as "barbaric" and vowed that the authorities would exterminate and destroy Islamic militant networks. The chief security minister, Wiranto, who uses a name, said the government will try to accelerate the adoption of an updated anti-terror law that languishes in parliament.
A video from the security camera about the attack on Surabaya's police headquarters showed at least one explosion after the four attackers rode two motorcycles to a security checkpoint. The motorcycles, moving close together, drove up to a car and four officers facing the checkpoint.
Two men, apparently civilians, entered the area only a few meters from the motorcycles at the moment. An explosion that was followed by a second explosion within a fraction of a second.
Indonesia's deadliest terrorist attack occurred in 2002, when bombs exploded on the tourist island of Bali, killing 202 people in one night, mostly foreigners. Jemaah Islamiyah, the al-Qaida-affiliated network responsible for the Bali attacks, was wiped out by fierce crackdown on Indonesian anti-terrorist police against US and Australian fighters. His leaders were killed in police raids and hundreds of militants were arrested.
Karnavian said the family's father, who has carried out the church bombings, was head of the Surabaya cell of Jemaah Anshorut Daulah, an Indonesian militant network affiliated with IS in Indonesia last year. All six family members were killed.
The IS statement, which took responsibility for the attacks, did not mention the participation of families or children and said there were only three assailants. The group also took responsibility last week for a hostage-taking by imprisoned Islamic fighters in a detention center near Jakarta, where six officers were killed.
Separately on Sunday, three members of another family were killed when self-made bombs exploded In the city of Sidoarjo, a city on the border with Surabaya, the police said.
According to Surabaya police spokesman Frans Barung Mangera, there were attacks by the church within minutes.
Karnavian said the father had brought a bomb-laden car into town Pentecostal. The mother, with her two daughters, attacked the Christian church of Diponegoro, he said. Because of her mortal remains, Karnavian said the mother and daughters carried explosives around their hips.
The sons, ages 16 and 18, rode a motorcycle on the grounds of the Santa Maria church and detonated their explosives] ___
This story was corrected to provide new police information about the age of two in the bombings to involve involved girls.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, transmitted, rewritten or redistributed.