قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Business / Pet food recalled after at least 28 dogs died

Pet food recalled after at least 28 dogs died



Due to the toxicity of aflatoxin, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has recalled certain Sportmix pet food varieties. Regulators said on Wednesday that they knew that at least 28 dogs had died from the toxic mold and at least 8 were sick.

Alfatoxin is produced by mold, which can grow on corn and other grains used as a pet food ingredient. The Missouri Department of Agriculture tested samples of the Sportmix variety and found high levels of toxins.

Symptoms of aflatoxin poisoning in pets include sluggishness, loss of appetite, vomiting, jaundice and/or diarrhea. It is recommended that people whose pets consume Sportmix products call their veterinarian, especially if the pet is showing symptoms.

According to the FDA, there is no evidence that people who handle food are at risk of aflatoxin poisoning. For more information about the recall, click here.

In October, pet food company Sunshine Mills Inc expanded its recall of products that may contain high levels of flavin toxins.


Source link