The church call has attracted the attention of health officials in Mecklenburg County, who feared that hundreds of people would gather in a small space.
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — A pastor is holding a seven-day rally in northwest Charlotte to counter the demands of the health department. The pastor told the police that he violated the county’s family order this spring.
Brian Carn is the pastor of the Kingdom City Church of the third sacred church “The Giant Is Coming” held in the week of November 8.
In April, after a video circulated that Karl claimed to have COVID-1
Kahn later posted a video on his Facebook page, inverting the statement he made in the previous recording.
He said: “I have not and never had COVID-19,” “It can’t touch me.”
Kahn also started selling $15 “antivirus” T-shirts on his website. In many sermons, he told the believers in the church that God will protect them from the virus.
According to reports, CMPD has repeatedly tried to ask KCC to stop holding large-scale gatherings, but the police department reported that its efforts were unsuccessful.
A few months later, KCC began to publicize that its convening will proceed as planned.
The church call has attracted the attention of county health officials, who fear that hundreds of people will gather in a small space.
Mecklenburg County Health Director Gibbie Harris (Gibbie Harris) said: “In fact, we had many conversations with the pastor of the church in the week before the event.”
Harris said they warned him about the super spread event held at the House of Prayer for All Earlier this fall. The incident in the church eventually led to at least 9 deaths from COVID-19 and another 208 infected with the virus.
Harris said that Kahn told them that he was not interested in repeating what happened at United House, but also told her that he did not believe in the possibility that his hybrid would be affected by his “young congregation.”
Harris pointed out that many people who fell ill from the joint prayer house event are secondary contacts, which means they contact people who attended the event but did not.
County health officials worked with Carn to give the church 500 masks and put up signs in the building. The church also set up a heated tent to help participants socialize.
But Harris said Kahn’s willingness to cooperate with the county government’s recommendations quickly disappeared.
Harris said: “Mentally speaking, he felt that he had to do things his own way to truly make the congregation effective.”
Videos circulating on social media showed people huddled together and wearing limited masks on the first day of the meeting.
Related: The head of neck hygiene “concerns” after a video packed with Charlotte church was posted online
WCNC Charlotte recorded many back and forth attendees from the building on Wednesday. People who wear masks when entering and leaving the building are mixed with people who don’t.
Although the church is largely protected by the Constitution and not subject to government regulations, the county health director can issue imminent dangerous orders.
After the church tried to hold more major events in the recorded outbreak, Harris sent a letter to the United Prayer House last month.
Harris said that so far, there is not enough evidence to show that incidents at KCC have risen to the level of public harm.
Harris said: “I must be able to prove that there is transmission, but I can’t show it yet.”
However, she added that she felt strongly that the possibility of COVID-19 lurking in this meeting was high.
She said: “Unfortunately, we will clean up rather than prevent.”
There was no call back to Kahn and the Kingdom City Church.