قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Orange County will save vaccines for education and food workers

Orange County will save vaccines for education and food workers



Officials said Orange County will begin to reserve COVID-19 vaccines for education, childcare, food and agricultural workers this week.

The county plans to dedicate 30% of the vaccine allocation to workers in these departments and emergency personnel. Orange County Health Care Bureau spokesperson Jessica Goode said in an email on Sunday that the remaining 70% will be used for residents 65 and older.

According to a presentation to the county vaccine working group on Saturday, county officials have instructed vaccine providers to also directly allocate the funds they receive directly.

Since mid-January, Orange County residents over the age of 65 and first responders working in high-risk communities are eligible for vaccinations.

The county has an estimated 450,000 senior residents and nearly 477,000 work in education, childcare, food and agriculture or emergency services. The county has not received a vaccine distribution this week.

In order to vaccinate more people, the county must supplement the vaccine supply. Distribution is inadequate and unstable, as is the case throughout the United States, severe winter weather elsewhere in the country has further delayed the delivery of Moderna vaccine to California, forcing the temporary closure of several large distribution sites over the weekend.

In Orange County, Disneyland’s delivery points are closed until Monday. The health department said the county may have to postpone the opening of the new location at the Anaheim Convention Center originally scheduled for Wednesday due to transportation delays.

A U.S. Soka University site that is mainly responsible for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine is still accepting the opening of the second dose of vaccine, but a site at Santa Ana University is temporarily closed on Saturday. -BioNTech vaccine.

The mayor’s office said that in Los Angeles, all six vaccination sites, including Dodger Stadium, will resume operations on Tuesday.

California announced in December that workers in the education, childcare, food, agriculture, and emergency services sectors will be eligible for the vaccine in Phase 1

B of the state’s distribution plan, and that the population was later expanded to those over 65. crowd. But the exact results vary from county to county.

Last month, many counties began to vaccinate the elderly and some law enforcement and emergency service personnel. Other emergency service personnel, such as firefighter medical staff and emergency medical technicians, also received earlier doses because they are also medical staff and they are eligible to participate in Phase 1A of the state plan.

Workers in education, childcare, food and agriculture will be eligible to be vaccinated in San Francisco from February 26 and in Los Angeles from March 1, although public health officials in both counties have warned that due to supply Limited, the pace will slow down. Long Beach has its own health department and its own vaccine supply. Last month, it started vaccinating some food workers and educators.

Santa Barbara County has not yet determined the date of vaccination for education, childcare, food and agricultural workers, but hopes to learn more this week. Jackie Ruiz, a press officer with the county health department, said.

Public information officer Brooke Federico said that since the state entered Phase 1B a few weeks ago, workers in these departments are eligible to receive vaccinations in Riverside County. Federico said that although the county’s public health clinics had to limit vaccination to 65 years and older due to supply constraints, important staff have been able to make appointments with private medical institutions.

In San Bernardino County, teachers and school support staff who have been conducting or supporting personal guidance or planning to do so before the end of the school year will be eligible for vaccinations starting February 1. official. He said that due to the limited supply, the county cannot provide vaccines to all teachers and school staff, or food and agricultural workers, but hopes to expand the qualifications as soon as possible.

(function(d, s, id){ var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;} js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));


Source link