During the rehearsal on Sunday night, the Flyer held its first game in the Wells Fargo Center in 10 months.
The club’s 2021 training camp is over, and now some decisions must be made before the regular season opener on Wednesday.
In the group stage, the White team defeated the Oranges 4-2.
Kevin Hayes (two), Nicholas Ober-Cuber, Nolan Patrick, Scott Lawton and James Van Rimsdijk scored goals.
A pilot team with 41 players in the camp must build a real 23-man roster and taxi team before the Penguins actually come to town.
Alain Vigneault and the Ferris wheel coaches watched the melee from beginning to end in general manager Chuck Fletcher and one of the team management suites in the front office. The Phantom team̵
The last five minutes of the third quarter were played in a 3-on-3 overtime format. In this part, Laughton won the championship in the breakthrough, and van Riemsdyk also won in the breakthrough. Their actions defeated Brian Elliott.
The night ended with 9 rounds of gun battle. Michael Raffl scored in a clap. The goalkeeper is very good.
•agreed. Good to Patrick.
He scored a goal for the White team in the second stage, equalizing the score 2-2. Seeing him smiling, he looked very comfortable. He has been unable to do this since April 2019. Sunday was the first time he played with Flyers in 649 days after missing all games of the previous season. The game was suspended and restarted because he recovered from a migraine.
Wignert said on Sunday morning that after finding the answer and making progress during the offseason, Patrick became an official participant in the camp and was one of the best players in the entire flight training camp.
At the beginning of training camp, Patrick said that he would approach things once a day to see how he felt at the end of training camp. If he played in the regular season opener on Wednesday, this is how the trapeze looks down from the middle.
Here are four irresistible centers and I like them very much. In the summer, 24 NHL teams returned to the game, Lawton led the team to score goals.
“Our forward depth is probably the deepest I have seen since I came here,” Lawton said when he debuted the flyer in 2012-13. “I am very happy to start.”
• Lindblom is also a sight seen on ice. He has worked with Sean Couturier and Travis Konecny.
He said his goal is to attend the opening night, and he looks ready to go.
The 24-year-old winger was diagnosed with Ewing’s sarcoma in December 2019. After completing radiation therapy and clearing the cancer in July, he returned for two games in the 2020 Stanley Cup playoffs.
A full offseason is great for him. The same is true for huge stories.
• In the November game of last season, Ferrari was relegated due to a turnover and rarely played in the third quarter. The 20-year-old winger was very good, very smart, with a stick, and quickly gave up that night. The coach then told him.
In the second year, Farabi hopes to show more patience and aggressiveness when the ice hockey arrives.
Farabi said: “I have confidence in my game.” “I think last year, when I didn’t need it, I felt that I got rid of a lot of things. So just focus on persisting, maybe waiting for a game to start .”
He is showing it on Sunday.
The routes of Farabee, Hayes and Claude Giroux clicked right from the start, producing the first two goals of the game, giving Orange a 2-0 lead.
Farabee and Giroux played a very good two-person match and established the first goal for Hayes. Ferrari remained buzzing late in that period, passing a beautiful pass to Hayes along the back wall, and Hayes scored his second goal.
Farabee is smart and not eager to read.
Good stuff from that line and expect to see it in the opener on Wednesday.
•Aube-Kubel put the White Team on the board with a nasty blow, reducing the Orange team’s deficit to 2-1 in the middle.
You know what you get with Aube-Kubel: a ruthless supervisor and opportunistic scorer.
• Jakub Voracek assisted Patrick’s goal. He is the nightmare of 20-year-old defender Egor Zamula.
Varacek is a big man who can protect the puck, and the thinner Zamula can’t get rid of it.
It will be interesting to see if the pilot decides to keep Zamula in the taxi fleet. Not sure they will.
• Avoided internal crises.
Ivan Provorov patted his feet or legs with Lindblom, and then fell into a pile.
He stayed in the game and didn’t even leave the bench to go to the locker room… Is anyone surprised?
Provorov has not yet missed his NHL career. In his first four seasons, he had a total of 315 games.
• In the transition from guard to left, Samuel Morin had a good scoring opportunity in the third quarter and won the iron. He struggled hard and did what he said, which was to complete his inspection. He even broke the stick on one of the hits.
The talented potential client Morgan Frost had the opportunity and showed a good second effort. He seems to be a clear candidate for the taxi squad.
Frost said on Sunday night: “I will continue to work hard and try my best to participate in the competition.” “I want to be the one on the flyer, so that’s the only thing I want.”
The flyer will not play “Frost” in the center of the fourth line. Considering the depth of the team in that position (at least on paper for now), Frost may become a candidate for left-wing players if necessary. During the camp, his representative is on the left.
• Love was fined in the third stage.
When Raffl stared at him and walked to the box, it looked as if Konecny was playing his partner.
Midseason No. 11.
• Carter Hart and Elliott both participated in the entire game and are in form. There is no problem there.
• Shayne Gostisbehere and Wade Allison are not suitable for the second day in a row. After the list is announced, we will have a better understanding of their status.
• This is a frontline and defensive pairing. Some of them may stick to Wednesday. The flyer is closed on Monday and practiced on Tuesday.
• Flyers start the regular season on Wednesday night and welcome Penguins to the Wells Fargo Center (5:30 PM EST/NBCSN).
Subscribe and rate Flyers Talk
Apple Podcast | Spotify | Stapler | Art19 | YouTube