The Bulls defeated the Rockets 120-100 in Houston on Monday and Monday to get their second straight victory.
The Rockets played without Victor Oladipo, DeMarcus Cousins and Christian Wood. This is their eighth straight loss.
The following are 14 observations:
1. Stephen Silas ran out of the starting five shots at full speed at 6 feet 6 or less when his team dried up: John Wall, Eric Gordon (Eric Gordon) Gordon), Jae’Sean Tate, Danuel House Jr. (Danuel House Jr.) and PJ Tucker (PJ Tucker). In fact, Rodions Kurucs is the only active rocket above 6-6.
2. The Bulls responded well to this fact early on, leading by 20-2 in the first quarter, turning the 5-2 early deficit into a 22-7 lead. The Rockets counterattacked with a score of 1
3. During the break, Coby White scored a game-high 13 points (6 of 11 shots) (plus 7 rebounds). After experiencing a hard drop with John Wall’s fast break layup, he withdrew from the locker room at the beginning of the third quarter-appeared to hit his head on the rim pillar-but then returned to the game . He told Billy Donovan that he left after the game because of a cut on his lips and did not participate in a concussion check.
(White’s evening ended with his third doubles of the season, scoring 24 points and 10 rebounds. He sparked on his fourth hole, scoring 10 of 16 shots and 7 of 3 shots. The end of the results. Performance.)
4. When White withdrew from the game in the third game, the Bulls extended their 58-51 lead to 89-67 with a tragic record of 31-16. In the third quarter, the Bulls took a 31-point lead, which was as hot as their performance throughout the season. Some zoom in:
- With a 46-26 victory over the Rockets in the third quarter, the Bulls scored the highest scoring quarter of the season, shooting 19 from the field (76%) from the field and 9 from the field (7.8%) and 10 from the field. Assists.
- Zach LaVine scored only 7 points (5 assists) in the first half, 5 wins and 5 losses, 3 of 14 shots, 3 of 3 shots and 14 points.
- Thad Young contributed 8 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists and countless amazing games during the run.
5. Wendell Carter Jr.’s outing should be his best game of the season-certainly the five best games since returning from injury. He scored 18 points, 13 rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals to complete the reduced Rockets frontline business.
6. Patrick Williams also had a nice evening, he had 14 and 7 games respectively. This game marked his 29th game of the season and was comparable to his game at Florida State University last season.
7 White, Carter and Williams carried the heavy load in the first half of the year before the sluice opened. Usually this season, the Bulls rely on the heroic performance of LaVine or the performance of their veterans to get rid of their opponents, so it is encouraging to see the three non-LaVine members of the “young core” have a meaningful impact.
8. However, those veterans are still full of statistics again. Young finished with 17 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists. Tomáš Satoranský scored 10 points and 4 dimes. Garrett Temple (Garrett Temple) his 23 seconds.
9. After 7 games and 1 night after the three-pointer, Denzel Valentine has made 20 2 shots from beyond the three-point line in the past 4 games, although he did dunk loudly.
10. The Bulls placed six players in double digits and cleared a 50% shooting percentage from the field and a 40% momentum from 3%.
11. Considering the room for failure, I’m not sure if it can be called a “revenge game”, but old friend David Nwaba set a career high with 22 points, 9 rebounds and 2 steals to show A typical vitality.
12 Donovan’s statistics would look like this: The Bulls only made 12 turnovers this time. They averaged 13.1 turnovers per game in February-ranking 10th in the NBA, far below their average ranking of 16.1 for 29th this season.
13 The Bulls also controlled the Rockets’ shooting percentage below 40% and surpassed the Rockets by 9 points. The feathers on the defensive end look better lately…
14. …And easily won and advanced to 14-16. These types of victories-easy wins in paper inferior games-have not occurred in recent seasons.
Next up: Return to the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday.
Click here to subscribe to the Bulls Talk podcast for free.
Download MyTeams now!