New Zealand’s workplace safety regulator has filed a lawsuit against 13 parties after investigating the deaths of 22 people from the eruption last year.
At around 2 pm on December 9, 47 people were on the shore. There was no warning for the volcanic eruption on the Isle of Wight (also known as Whakaari). Most of the victims were tourists from countries such as the United States, Australia and Malaysia, who were cruising in New Zealand. Dozens of people were injured in the eruption. The eruption ejected 12,000 feet of volcanic ash into the sky and raised questions about the safety of adventure tourism after a series of other unfortunate events, including the Ontake eruption in Japan in 2014, which caused 60 Many hikers were killed. Suffocated by smoke and ashes.
Some scientists suggested that tourists should not be allowed to enter the island due to the danger posed by the volcano, and New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Arden said at the time that the authorities would carefully investigate the events leading up to this incident.
“This is an unforeseen event, but it does not mean it is unforeseen. Operators have a responsibility to protect the people they care for,”
The agency said that the investigation found that 10 organizations failed to fulfill their obligations under New Zealand’s health and safety requirements, with fines exceeding 1 million New Zealand dollars, and three were accused of failing to ensure that the company complies with health and safety standards, the highest Can be fined $300,000.