New York City is in the process of closing the skating rink run by Trump for a “180 minutes full” release.
City Hall overturned Mayor de Blasio’s move on Sunday, closing the Lasker and Wollman skating rinks six weeks before the usual April closing date to freeze his political opponents.
City Hall Press Secretary Bill Neidhardt (Bill Neidhardt) told The Post: “The kids in New York City should go all out on all the opportunities they get this year. Wollman and Lasker Rink will be in this season. Keep it open under current management for the remaining weeks.”
“But please don’t get me wrong. We will not do business with the Trump Organization. Inciting an uprising will never be forgotten or forgiven.”
Hizzoner announced last month that he was rescinding the city’s contract with the Trump Organization, alleging that then President Trump had caused riots in the Capitol. The ice rink is scheduled to close on Sunday.
Click here for the FOX News App
The shocking policy reversal was angered by skaters who were hit hard over the weekend, who believed that because Hizzoner was backed by the Trump administration, they should not be turned away.
49-year-old Lee Klausner (Lee Klausner) watched her two daughters skating and said: “The real people they hurt are the 2500 children who have benefited from skating this season and continue to work hard for us Of 250 innocent employees.”
On Sunday, Eric Trump cheered City Hall’s decision to keep the ice rink open.
“@NYCMayor Mr. Mayor-Thank you for keeping Wollman and Lasker Rinks open-you just made countless New York City families (along with our 250 employees) incredible. This is a wonderful moment for New York , Please know that we appreciate it and I would love to say “thank you” personally,” he wrote on Twitter.
It is not clear whether the ice rink will remain open until April as in previous years.