قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / More than half of coronavirus patients do not know how to obtain

More than half of coronavirus patients do not know how to obtain



According to the latest report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than half of COVID-19 patients do not know how to get infected.

In a coronavirus survey of inpatients and outpatients in different states, 54% were unable to identify their source of infection. The CDC report pointed out that the remaining 46% said they recently contacted people they knew or later knew, usually family members and colleagues.

“This is very worrying,” Dr. Joshua Barrocas, an infectious disease doctor at the Boston Medical Center, spoke about the discovery at a briefing at the American Infectious Diseases Association.

Barocas said that the fact that so many patients are unable to point out that they may have exposed them to the infected person of the virus highlights an important reason why it spreads so easily, and many people have no symptoms.

He said: “We have seen that asymptomatic disease is very common,”

; it occurs in both low-risk and high-risk groups.

Barocas added that this makes contact tracking more difficult. If the victim cannot reliably narrow the time, location, or even the scope of the investigation object, the infection cannot be traced back to the source.

Ricardo Franco, an associate scientist at the AIDS Research Center, shared Barocas’s concerns.

Franco said that the report surveyed about 350 adult patients and it reminded people of the many different ways the disease can sneak into the human body.

The culprit is not always a family member, friend or colleague at work. Franco said, usually “anonymous door handles or air pump handles, or indoor environment with some droplets… can not point to anyone.”

Health officials, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, a top infectious disease expert in the United States, have been emphasizing the importance of contact tracking for monitoring and controlling outbreaks. But in an interview with CNN last week, he said: “I think we are not doing well.”

Part of the problem is that there are not enough trackers, and most of these trackers try to track infections by phone-Fauci believes this does not work, they need to be carried out on the ground and in the community.

Fauci still admits that this new disease is far from what the standard pandemic handbook suggests.

The CDC report clarifies the reason.

He said: “When the community spreads, it’s insidious, because there are many people in the community who are infected but asymptomatic.” “Therefore, no matter how good your identity is, the standard classic examples of identification, isolation, and contact tracking are all It doesn’t work because you don’t know who to track.”

Related Stories from the Miami Herald




Source link