If you have a Surface Pro 4, you may be one of the unlucky tablet owners who suffer from a flickering screen – a problem that is foreseeably called Flickergate. Because Microsoft is unable to find a solution, Microsoft has opened a replacement program, which means that the problem can be solved by a new Surface Pro 4.
Microsoft says that it was unable to produce a patch to address the problem and will therefore simply provide people with compensation. What is not clear, why did the company take so long to do something; The owners of Surface 4 have been complaining about screen flicker since the tablet was launched in 201
Microsoft says, "We've heard your feedback and after careful consideration found that a small percentage of Surface Pro 4 devices have a screen flicker that can not be resolved with a firmware or driver update. To assist customers affected by this issue, we will replace the eligible Surface Pro 4 devices for free for up to three years from the date of purchase. "19659003] The company acknowledges that a handful of people are out of warranty for a screen repair have paid to fix the problem with their Surface Pro 4, and there is more good news here. Microsoft says anyone who has paid a replacement screen specifically to correct the screen flicker can receive a refund.
There are a few caveats:
- Only Surface Pro 4 devices of any configuration are subject to this program
- This offer is for both consumer and commercial customers.
- This program does not apply to devices that:
- Use of products not sold or licensed by Microsoft
- External causes (such as dropping, contact with liquids or inadequate ventilation)
- A repair by someone other than Microsoft or an authorized person Dealer or reseller.
- The extension of a free replacement only applies to Surface Pro 4 devices that experience screen flicker. For other repair needs, customers continue to receive service under their existing limited warranty or Microsoft Complete.
- Microsoft offers replacement devices that are processed to the specified quality standards.
- Customers who have already paid an out-of-service. To repair the screen flicker problem, you will receive a refund and should contact Customer Support for validation.
If your Surface Pro 4 is experiencing screen flicker, you can go to the replacement program page to learn how to get a new unit.
Photo credits: ymgerman / Shutterstock