قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Meghan Markle bid to postpone high court’s privacy trial

Meghan Markle bid to postpone high court’s privacy trial



Meghan Markle (Meghan Markle) proposes to postpone the High Court’s privacy litigation trial in order to postpone the letter sent to him and his relatives and father Thomas

  • The Duchess of Sussex will sue Associated Newspapers Ltd in August 2018
  • MoS copied part of a handwritten letter sent to 76-year-old Thomas Markle
  • Tomorrow we will consider costs and case management issues
  • But the judge will now listen to Meghan’s application, demanding that the trial be postponed

The Duchess of Sussex offered to postpone her trial in the High Court privacy lawsuit in the Sunday Mail because the letter was to be sent to her estranged father.

Meghan sued The Sunday Mail and MailOnline publisher Associated Newspapers Ltd (ANL) about an August 2018 article that copied part of a handwritten letter sent to 76-year-old Thomas Markle .

So far, there have been many preliminary hearings on the case, which will be held tomorrow before the 10-day trial starting in January to consider costs and case management issues.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex left the Commonwealth Chapel on March 9 this year, held their final royal engagement at Westminster Abbey in London, and then withdrew from royal life.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex left the Commonwealth Chapel on March 9 this year, held their final royal engagement at Westminster Abbey in London, and then withdrew from royal life.

Meghan sued Associated Newspapers Limited for an article that copied part of a handwritten note she sent to her father Thomas Markle in August 2018 (pictured together)

Meghan sued Associated Newspapers Limited for an article that copied part of a handwritten note she sent to her father Thomas Markle in August 2018 (pictured together)

Thomas Markle showed his souvenirs left on the mantelpiece of the wedding that Harry and Meghan could not attend in the Channel 5 documentary in January this year

Thomas Markle showed his souvenirs left on the mantelpiece of the wedding that Harry and Meghan could not attend in the Channel 5 documentary in January this year

However, in addition to the hearing, Judge Wobby will now hear the Duchess’ application to postpone the trial until later.

According to court documents, the application will be considered at an online hearing-the first part of the application will be private.

The various parts of this letter were published in newspapers and online in February last year, and it was announced that the Duchess would initiate legal proceedings in October.

The title of the article reads: “Appeared: This letter shows the true tragedy of Megan’s rift with a father, which she said broke her heart into millions.”

A sketch of Judge Warby (bottom left) Antony White QC (bottom right) drawn by court artists for ANL and Megan’s lawyer David Sherborne at a virtual high court hearing on April 24

A sketch of Judge Warby (bottom left) Antony White QC (bottom right) drawn by court artists for ANL and Megan’s lawyer David Sherborne at a virtual high court hearing on April 24

Harry and Meghan after their wedding at St. George's Chapel in Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018

Harry and Meghan after their wedding at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle on May 19, 2018

Judge Warby will now hear the Duchess’ application to postpone the trial

Judge Warby will now hear the Duchess’ application to postpone the trial

The 39-year-old duchess is seeking damages from the newspaper’s publisher and website operator ANL for alleged misuse of private information, copyright infringement and violation of the Data Protection Act.

ANL completely denies these allegations, especially the Duchess’ claim to edit the letter in any way that changes its meaning, and said it will open a heated debate on the case.

After the latest preliminary hearing last month, the judge ruled that the issuer can defend the claim based on the latest biography of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, “In Search of Freedom.”

Meghan filed a lawsuit against the United Newspaper, involving five articles, two of which were on the Sunday Mail and three on MailOnline. These articles were published in February 2019 and copied her in August 2018. Part of the handwritten letter sent to the father in the month.

advertising


Source link