قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / “Long distance travel” New symptoms of Covid?

“Long distance travel” New symptoms of Covid?



This is not the first time Milano has recorded her fight against Covid-19. Earlier this year, she shared a photo of herself on Instagram using a breathing device with the caption: “I have never had this disease. Everything is hurt. The smell is gone. It feels like an elephant is sitting on mine. Chest.”

Milano’s video must be very similar to Hayley Rivett’s experience. So, is hair loss the latest long-distance symptom of Covid-19?

The short answer is that we are not sure. Like much research on Covid, science is still in its early stages. However, there is an emerging link model. For example, a survey of patients by doctors at Indiana University School of Medicine and Survivor Corps, an organization for Covid-1

9 survivors, identified hair loss as an underlying symptom of the disease, and nearly one-third of participants reported this condition.

According to Dr. Sharon Wong, a consultant dermatology consultant, people who suffer from Covid’s post-hair loss are likely to suffer from a condition called telogen efffluvium, which causes hair loss due to stress. She said she has seen many patients who developed viral symptoms in March and April-some (but not all) positive for Covid-experienced telomere outflow a few months later.

She said: “One of the triggers for telomere heteroxanthemia is acute febrile illness.” “This is usually an infection that can bring you high temperatures-such as flu, cold, and of course Covid and other problems. .”

Dr. Huang explained that this condition shocked the hair follicles and made them leave the “growth” stage early and enter the “shedding” stage (called the hair growth period). Generally, during the growth phase, you should have 90% of your hair, and the remaining 10% are in the shedding phase. Dr. Wong said: “If you are not satisfied with this cycle, you will see 70% of the hair during the growth phase, and 30% during the depilation phase.” “Suddenly, the proportion of hairs that appear at the same time will be greater. .”

Teratogen shedding usually occurs two to three months after the trigger, which may explain why medical experts did not begin to show symptoms until months after the first Covid infection. However, Dr. Huang sounded a little wary: “This is the early stage. We have no reason to believe that Covid-19 will affect telomere in any other way besides causing high temperature infection. Tell.”

A complicating factor is that lock-in leads to increased levels of anxiety, which in turn can lead to hair loss. A study conducted in Turkey found that alopecia has increased during the coronavirus pandemic, which researchers believe is the effect of short-term stress. Usually, this is a vicious circle. Once hair loss, it will cause more anxiety and stress.

Spencer Stevenson, a hair loss expert, said: “There is a great correlation between increased hair loss and feelings of stress and anxiety.” A whole new level.”


Source link