قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Entertainment / Judge postponed Megan Markle’s privacy court hearing after filing a “confidential grounds” application

Judge postponed Megan Markle’s privacy court hearing after filing a “confidential grounds” application



After a secret hearing in the High Court of London, Meghan Markle’s high-risk privacy case has been postponed to October next year.

Megan’s legal team cited the “confidential reason” for the adjournment at the hearing, but did not disclose more details.

The 39-year-old Meghan sued United Newspaper, the publishers of Mail on Sunday and MailOnline for infringing upon her sending to father Thomas Markle after her royal wedding in 2018 ( Thomas Markle)’s letter is an excerpt that violates privacy.

The case was originally scheduled to be heard in January next year and will last for ten days.

Meghan Markle's privacy case against related newspapers, the Sunday Mail and MailOnline publishers has been postponed to October in a secret hearing in the High Court

Meghan Markle’s privacy case against related newspapers, the Sunday Mail and MailOnline publishers has been postponed to October in a secret hearing in the High Court

Meghan, 39, has been sued for privacy violations on the grounds that she sent a summary of a letter to her 76-year-old father Thomas Markle after the royal wedding in 2018 (e.g. Picture)

Meghan, 39, is being sued for privacy violations after she released a summary of a letter she sent to her 76-year-old father Thomas Markle after her royal wedding in 2018 (Pictured)

However, a private hearing was held in the High Court this morning, and the judge agreed to postpone the trial after she applied.

On Wednesday, a court order disclosed by the Press Association stated that part of Megan’s application today will be heard in private, “to protect the confidentiality of certain facts in the evidence.” No further details.

Judge Warby said today that he had considered the request and allowed it to be postponed until next fall, adding that the “main basis” for seeking adjournment was “confidential.”

He said: “In any case, the correct decision is to extend the application. “This means that the trial date on January 11, 2021 will be vacated and the trial will be re-dated in the fall.”

Before today’s preliminary hearing, ten months of leave constituted part of a series of legal actions by Meghan lawyers.

Megan’s lawyers were granted a 10-month notice postponed to October next year at a secret hearing held today on the basis of confidentiality, “to protect the confidentiality of certain facts in the evidence”

Megan’s lawyers were granted a ten-month postponement to October next year at a secret hearing held today on the basis of confidentiality to “protect the confidentiality of certain facts in the evidence”

They want the judge to confirm her case without a full trial, which means she will not enter the witness box of the Royal Court.

The judge said that he will hear the Duchess’ application for summary judgment in order to hear her case on January 12 without a full trial.

She lost an application for an appeal, which brought the influx of royal biography “Search for Freedom” into the case.

Last month, she lost the case for preventing the book from being relied on by the Sunday Mail.

Meghan lost an application that asked her to collaborate with the author of the royal biography

Meghan lost an application that asked her to collaborate with the author of the royal biography “Finding Freedom”

The newspaper’s lawyer argued that she worked with writers Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand to formulate a series of events in her favor. The Duchess denied cooperating with the author.

The newspaper’s lawyers claimed in previous pre-trial hearings that it was “difficult to see” how Meghan complained about excerpts from a letter to her estranged father when she and Harry helped “find freedom”. Their private thoughts and feelings.

The Duchess missed the court deadline and was unable to provide the latest “replies” to the newspaper’s defense. She also tried to extend the deadline.

A document submitted to the court by the newspaper’s lawyer stated that she violated the court order by missing the October 21 deadline. Now, she must submit a revised response before November 13.

The lawyers said: “There is no good explanation for this situation.”

Megan’s lawyers have asked the High Court to disclose evidence, such as emails and text messages between her and her friends, which will be postponed until August next year.

Omid Scobie

Caroline Durand

The newspaper’s lawyers accused Meghan of providing personal information to the “searching for freedom” writers Omid Scoby (left) and Caroline Durand (right), and “presented her version of the incident in a way that would benefit her.”

Both parties in the case are responsible for disclosing relevant documents, such as messages and emails, to the other party.

Megan was initially provided with a deadline of November 6.

At the heart of the case is May’s role in authorizing her five best friends (known as “inner circles”) to conduct anonymous interviews with the American magazine People, which mentions the letter to her father.

Megan’s lawyers took a series of measures to delay the case

Megan’s lawyers took a series of measures to delay the case

Megan’s lawyers categorically denied that she knew they were being interviewed by the magazine.

The newspaper stated that she must have known it and hoped that any news between Megan and her friend would be disclosed to the court.

The newspaper also claimed that she authorized her friend to brief the biographer and tried to view any relevant information sent or received by the Duchess.

The newspaper’s lawyer said it was “difficult to see” how Meghan complained that when she and Harry helped “find freedom,” excerpts of the letter she wrote to her estranged father were made public.

At the preliminary hearing last month, Megan’s lawyer announced that she was ready to enter the witness stand for trial.

However, if her new application is successful, it will mean that Judge Warby will rule on the case without trial.

Meghan and her estranged father Thomas were newspaper witnesses. The confrontation was originally scheduled for January in the High Court, but this has been postponed until autumn.

He will make up his mind based on the barrister’s written evidence and oral statements without the need for witnesses to testify in court.

The newspaper’s lawyers stated that they did not object to the adjournment of the court on the grounds of confidentiality, but declined to disclose any delays in the evidence because this may affect their preparations for the case.

The document said: “The suspension will prevent its disclosure.”


Source link