The FBI is investigating evidence that some participants in the Oval Trump rally outside the White House left the event early, perhaps to retrieve items used to attack the Capitol.
The official said that a team of investigators and prosecutors will also focus on the command and control aspects of the attack, reviewing travel and communication records to determine whether they can establish a case similar to a counter-terrorism investigation.
In the early stages of the investigation, this belief will require extensive investigation.
The presence of corrupt prosecutors and agents is partly due to their expertise in financial investigations. The official said: “We are chasing this money.”
By Wednesday morning, the FBI reported that it had received more than 126,000 digital alerts from the public about the attack on the Capitol, more than three times the number of alerts received on Monday.
Anti-terrorism strategy for arrest
At least some people have been arrested as part of the strategy used in counter-terrorism investigations to find the minimum allegations and try to take a person of concern off the street. Officials believe that this helps alleviate possible threats amid fears of possible attacks on the inauguration ceremony.
For example, on January 4, local police arrested Henry “Enrique” Tarrio, the leader of the proud boy, in Washington, DC.
Tarrio was detained on suspicion of burning a “Black Life Issue” banner taken from a black church during an urban protest following a “stop stealing” rally last month. The Miami resident was accused of vandalizing property related to the flag, but federal authorities said they discovered that Tarrio had two high-capacity firearms magazines, prompting them to increase their allegations of having a large-capacity bombing device.
On Tuesday, federal authorities in New York City arrested 40-year-old Eduard Florea (Eduard Florea) on at least one weapon charge after law enforcement agencies, including the FBI and the New York Police Department, responded to the Queens residence. In response to the online response to the armed caravan going to the U.S. Capitol, two law enforcement officers with knowledge of the investigation told CNN.
Law enforcement officials told CNN that the man claimed to be a “proud boy” and was arrested with live ammunition at home.
Prosecutors and the FBI have made public efforts to encourage those who participated in the riots to surrender, and they have achieved results. Two officials said that some lawyers have reached out to arrange the safe surrender of their clients in order to obtain leniency and reduce the chance of police raids on their houses.
For example, a counter-terrorism prosecutor even appeared in court on Tuesday and asked one of the defendants to hear early, indicating that the Department of Justice’s work has been integrated between the typical criminal prosecutor handling the initial trial and the department responsible for more complex crimes. . .
U.S. Attorney Michael Sherwin in Washington, D.C., said on Tuesday: “The established strike force will be strictly committed to the crime of sedition, and we are treating it as a major international counterterrorism or counterintelligence operation.”
“We are looking at everything: money, travel records. View processing, movements, communication records. Therefore, in an attempt to accurately determine whether there is an order, resources related to the FBI or the U.S. Attorney’s Office will not be inspected . And control how they operate and how they perform these activities.”