Intel has released the first official graphics driver for its Rocket Lake CPU, which has an integrated Iris Xe GPU. At the time of release, the Rocket Lake series was the first desktop series with a new Iris Xe (Xe-LP) graphics architecture, but it took Intel a few days to provide official driver support for it.
Intel Iris Xe GPU on Rocket Lake desktop CPU gets first official graphics driver support
Well, Intel finally released a graphics driver for Iris Xe GPU on Rocket Lake CPU. The size of 126.96.36.19916 is 426 MB, but the more interesting part is that its listed date is March 3, 2021. This shows that although the support for Intel Rocket Lake Desktop CPU is new, the driver itself is technically no different than the existing Iris Xe GPU available. Intel just added support for Rocket Lake CPU to its existing driver suite and called it a “one day trip”, considering that all Iris Xe chips are essentially based on the same Xe-LP GPU architecture. It really makes a lot of sense.
-Lisa Pierce (@gfxlisa) April 3, 2021
The following are the release notes for the Intel graphics driver itself:
- Fix crashes seen at startup Marginal man* On Intel Iris XE Maximum graphics.
- Reduced game loading time Death stranded*
- Stability fix Da Vinci solution* On Intel Iris XE Maximum graphics.
- Reduced game loading time Death stranded*On Intel Iris XE Graphics.
- Support the new zero-level loader layer tracking API.
Install Intel Drivers and Support Assistant, which will automatically check drivers regularly and provide notifications when new drivers are available. This is the DCH driver.Click to get more information about DCH driver
Supported operating system version
Operating system reference:
- Microsoft Windows 10-64-Fall Creators Update (1709) (RS3)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64-Updated in April 2018 (1803) (RS4)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64-October 2018 Update (1809) (RS5)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64-May 2019 Update (1903) (19H1)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64-November 2019 Update (1909) (19H2)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64-Updated May 2020 (2004) (20H1)
- Microsoft Windows 10-64-October 2020 Update (20H2)
Platform (operating system support)
- The sixth-generation Core processor series (code-named Skylake) (RS3 +)
- The seventh-generation Core processor series (code-named Kaby Lake) (RS3 +)
- The 8th generation Core processor series (code-named Kaby Lake-R, Coffee Lake) (RS3 +)
- The 9th generation Core processor series (code-named Coffee Lake-R) (RS3 +)
- Lake Apollo (RS3+)
- Amber Lake (RS3+)
- Twin Lakes (RS3+)
- Whiskey Lake (RS3+)
- Comet Lake (RS3+)
- The 10th generation Core processor series (code-named Ice Lake) (RS3 +)
- Core processor with Intel hybrid technology (code-named Lakefield) (19H2 +)
- Pentium processor family (code-named Jasper Lake) (19H2 +)
- Celeron processor series (code-named Jasper Lake) (19H2 +)
- Gen Intel Core processor family (code-named Tiger Lake) (19H2 +)
- Iris Xe dedicated graphics series (code DG1) (20H1 +)
- The 11th generation Intel Core processor family (code-named Rocket Lake) (20H2 +)
If you are running an Intel Rocket Lake desktop CPU and some form of use of the Iris Xe chip used on it, you must install these drivers. You can download them here.