Tuesday is the first milestone of the NFL offseason. Let’s jump in…
• Yes, from Tuesday, teams can apply franchise tags to players. We don’t have official figures yet, because these figures are based on where the bottle caps landed. However, there is an upper limit: 180 million US dollars, an upper limit: 183 million US dollars (this is the workload of some teams) and an upper limit: 185 million US dollars.
180/183/185 position, all numbers (millions):
QB: $24.76 / $25.17 / $25.45
WR: $15.76 / $16.03 / $16.02
RB: $8.54 / $8.68 / $8.78
TE: $9.47 / $9.63 / $9.73
OL: $13.57 / $13.79 / $13.94
From: $15.85 / $16.113 / $16.29
DT: $13.70 / $13.93 / $14.08
Pounds: $14.59 / $14.83 / $14.99
CB: $14.85 / $15.10 / $15.27
S: $10.47 / $10.64 / $10.76
Since the upper limit will be lowered, even if inflation is taken into account, all of these figures are lower than in 2020 (some significantly lower). This puts the first marked candidates in a different situation than the second marked candidates (such as Cowboy QB Dak Prescott, Mustang Trumpet Justin Simmons and Washington G Brandon Scherff), because according to the rules, these guys will be labeled as 2020 120% of the annual label number.
• Among the second-timers, Prescott is most likely to get duplicate tags. Both Denver and Washington hope to keep their 2020 labelled players for a long time and are confident to do so. The question is whether they will use another label to complete the task (I think if such an agreement is not reached yet on March 9 Complete before the deadline). Prescott’s 2021 list price is 37,691 million US dollars, Sherff is 15.981 million US dollars, and Simmons is 13.792 million US dollars. Among the candidates in the primary election, I think Bucs WR Chris Godwin and Panthers OT Taylor Moton may be endorsed. It is not surprising to see Lions WR Kenny Golladay find the same fate. I pay more attention to Seahawks CB Shaquill Griffin, Packers RB Aaron Jones and Jets S Marcus Maye.
• Although we are here, I don’t want to release a lot of news to tag men before the March 9 deadline (Tuesday is just when the window opens). Why is the team waiting? It allows some people to keep the tag on two guys (Tampa is an example, Godwin and Shaq Barrett are set as free agents), and if the guy who designated the tag originally used is initially protected, then You can continue to label him. A transaction. This year’s warning is that as the salary cap declines, for teams with tight salary caps (such as Pittsburgh and Bud Dupri), the amount of lump-sum payments related to player franchising will become more difficult.
• An interesting fact I got from former Chargers coach Mike McCoy last week is that I’m not sure if I’ve heard of it before: the famous Wildcats package game is actually the former Northwest quarterback Brett Named after Brett Basanez. Ten and a half years ago, when McCoy (McCoy) and Panthers (Panthers) were together, Carolina (Carolina) public appearance, DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart responsible for reading. But initially, this idea was established in an emergency, if the university quarterback Basanez and those who followed Jake Delhomme and Chris Weinke The third column was forced to take action. Barthanes’ alma mater? northwest. Therefore, the wildcat. After that, Carolina Governor OC Dan Henning (Dan Henning) went to Miami, Ronnie Brown (Ronnie Brown) and Ricky Williams (Ricky Williams) put it on the front page in 2009, and the term (This is for personnel planning, not the appearance of the plan) Perpetuate our dictionary. Of course, the Panthers coach responsible for this is John Fox. He became the coach of the Broncos during the Tepomanian season in 2011. This is exactly what McCoy and I played with Tim Tepo. On the phone with her husband (Tim Tebow). Retired from baseball. “Yes, we just used what Tim is best at, and that’s all.” McCoy said. “The coach, the players, everyone has adapted to our best performance, and Foxy has attracted everyone’s support. Everyone bought this style, not just Tim. What’s exciting is that every week is always different.”
• In the chaotic situation of the Texans, some NFL people have a certain understanding of General Motors’ Nick Kecilio, saying that he is just “Bill Berishik, Scouting Edition.” And I don’t know if this can paint a fair picture. For me, an example shows that it is not because he was selected as the head coach-former Ravens assistant David Cooley. Caserio tells people that he believes that you need a different type of coach (more like a uniformer) than the previous generation to attract players and build the right culture. To be sure, this is Cooley. Therefore, I do believe that, at least in one of his early examples, with the biggest decision he has made so far, he proved that he can deviate from the path paved for him in the first two decades of the NFL.
Albert Blair Show Back to your own podcast feed! Subscribe to Albert’s insights and information. Guests include celebrities in football.
• And when we got there, there was another point: Caserio had shown signs that his scouts and coaches were more tolerant than New England in the draft and free agency process. Caserio oversaw a department in Foxboro that handled the exile of rising stars who didn’t put enough energy into the Patriots. When he was there, the people around Caserio saw him grow from a high-spirited man who cared about himself as a patriot, so to speak, as early as when he was the chief scout (from 2009 to ’11), and finally, His own skin is much more comfortable, but a little less than Lihic. I have always maintained Caserio’s point of view, because all other things that go wrong are very good hires. And, of course, considering the situation around Deshaun Watson is brewing, he must prove he is.
• My friend Ian Rapoport reported on the NFL Network earlier on Monday that Steelers coach Mike Tomlin was diagnosed with COVID-19, which was the motivation for the team to close the factory last week to prevent problems. As far as I know, it also slowed the team’s work in resolving Ben Roethlisberger’s situation. Of course, both parties do have time to make some adjustments to his $19 million due in 2021. However, the longer the delay, Pittsburgh will have to spend more time thinking about other options.
• Cam Newton I am an athlete Podcast with Brandon Marshall, Chad Ochocinco and Fred Taylor.Inside, Newton left the door Wide Open to return to New England. When asked if he would renew his contract for another year, Newton replied: “Yes.” In explaining his struggles, he spoke of Belishik and Josh McDaniels in a very religious manner. Let me also say this: How the Patriots’ first-year streamlined skillset and Tom Brady’s plan adjustments gave Newton a comprehensive understanding. So let me say it again: Don’t rule out Newton returning to Foxboro for the second round. I think he will come back without a game. But my confirmation is that, based on how he works and how he adapts to the culture, he bought enough capital from himself in the building, and if there is no obvious upgrade, the Patriots will bring him back.
• I really like what Dan Campbell, the new Lions coach, said via MLive.com: [Spielman] A few days ago, I thought, “I like the fact that we are only called meat heads. Am I a fool? Is my brain power limited? I like [that people think] that. I’m fine, do you know what I mean? I have zero problems with this. The entire press conference is actually for our team, our fans, the community and the people who want Lions to succeed. …I want to go to Detroit. I want this job because I agree with this job. Do you say it fits like a glove? This matter makes me very suitable because I feel I can connect with it. I understand, buddy I think I am a grumpy guy, do you know? Without trying to brag, I know who I am. “This is very, very similar to what Campbell said to me after the press conference last month, and it fits the principle of one of Campbell’s mentors, Bill Parcells: Don’t talk to the media, talk about by media. The idea at the time was to attract other audiences. In his players and his new city, Campbell did.
•Finally, if the upper limit is the projected figure of US$183 million, the following is the transition label forecast for 2021:
QB: USD 23.08 million
WR: $14.38 million
RB: $7.24 million
TE: US$8.2 million
OL: USD 12.69 million
From: USD 13.79 million
DT: 11.78 million US dollars
LB: $12.75 million
CB: USD 13.33 million
S: 9.08 million US dollars