Apple introduced another significant change in the latest iOS 14.5 beta-iPhone 11 battery recalibration. This new feature provides updated and more accurate readings to read the maximum battery capacity and peak performance of the device, and can repair unexpected battery consumption. And in rare cases, this may result in a free replacement of the battery. Next, let’s take a look at the working principle of iPhone battery calibration.
9to5Mac First, the new iPhone recalibration function was discovered in the iOS 14.5 beta code, which allowed us to obtain the Apple support document that was just released.
It is worth noting that, at least for now, the new iPhone battery recalibration is only available for iPhone 1
This feature is first available in developers and public iOS 14.5 beta 6. If you want to test it before the public iOS 14.5 release this spring, check out our complete guide here to install the public or developer iOS beta (also Apple) to watch iPhone unlock and 217 new emojis ).
How iPhone battery recalibration works in iOS 14.5
- After installing iOS 14.5 beta 6 on iPhone 11, the battery recalibration process will start automatically
- It may take up to a few weeks to complete
- It can solve “unexpected battery consumption behavior, or in a few cases, reduced peak performance”
- To check the status, go to Set value > battery > Battery health
- You will see a new “Important Message” about recalibration at the top
- “Your battery health reporting system is recalibrating for maximum capacity and peak performance. This process may take several weeks.”
- Recalibration “will be carried out in regular charging cycles over time.”
- Apple stated that when the alert at the top of the “Battery Health” section disappears, you will know that the process has been successfully completed (the new “Maximum Capacity” and “Peak Performance” will be displayed)
- If recalibration finds that “battery performance is severely degraded”, a battery service message will appear
Free battery replacement, extended warranty period, etc.
Apple said that in a few cases, the recalibration of the iPhone battery will not succeed, and a “new battery service message” will appear. In rare cases, the message will say: “Apple authorized service providers can replace the battery for free to restore full performance and capacity.” Apple pointed out, “This does not mean that there is a safety issue, your battery can still be used. “
Apple also recommends that you wait for an appointment at a store or other authorized supplier until the recalibration process is complete.
Finally, the warranty period may be extended to cover a recalibration process that may take several weeks, and for those who have previously paid for out-of-warranty battery services after seeing a “battery health drop message or experiencing abnormal battery behavior” People who can get a refund. In either case, please contact AppleCare.
In the video below, experience firsthand the new battery calibration and the new Siri sound in iOS 14.5 beta 6:
FTC: We use profitable car affiliate links. more.
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news: