قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / US / George Floyd: During the Minneapolis (Dinek Chauvin) trial, the city of Minneapolis paid social media influencers to spread information

George Floyd: During the Minneapolis (Dinek Chauvin) trial, the city of Minneapolis paid social media influencers to spread information



The City of Minneapolis will pay six social media influencers to help in the upcoming murder of former police officer Derek Chauvin on the death of George Floyd Spread the news approved by the city.

The Minneapolis City Council voted unanimously on Friday to approve a $1 million communication and downgrade plan, which involves the trial of Chauvin (scheduled to begin in March) and the trial of three other former officials in August. Community leaders, local media and social media influencers collaborated to accuse Floyd of death.

The Department of Justice summons new witnesses and reopens the investigation to investigate the death of George Floyd

Social media influencers who have not yet signed a contract will be paid $2,000 per person to share “urban-generated and recognized information”

; for black, Native American, Somali, Hmong and Latino communities. This effort is aimed at eliminating misinformation and avoiding the turmoil caused by Floyd’s death last year, which would cloud chaos and robbery.

WCCO reported that local militants criticized the move, believing that the city’s purpose is to buy narratives about the trial, cancel free speech and protests, and turn influential people into spokespersons for the city.

However, the City of Minneapolis said in a statement that “its goal is to increase access to information in communities that do not generally follow mainstream news sources or city communication channels and/or do not use English to use information.” “This is also an opportunity to build more two-way communication between New York City and the community.”

The urban communication strategy called “Joint Information System (JIS)” aims to “provide enhanced community services during the trial period to keep people informed and safe, especially in non-English and black, colored (BIPOC) communities and those engaged in the Active small businesses do not rely on traditional media.”

NY PROTESTER, 75, was sued by the Buffalo Police Department after the police paid a fine

Regarding social media influencers, the plan approved by the city council involves the city’s entry into “paid partnerships with community members who are considered trustworthy messengers and have greater social media participation in order to share the city’s generation And approved messages.” These people will also support “JIS Condition Monitoring” to “resolve/eliminate incorrect information”.

According to a report from Fox 9 Minneapolis on the 9th, in another 11-2 vote on Friday, the Security Council also approved a plan to allow the Minneapolis Police Department to sign mutual assistance with at least 14 law enforcement agencies. Agreement to provide more support in the trial surrounding Freud’s death. The cost of these agreements may be as high as $1.5 million, which can be covered by the budget before the department exits.

City coordinator Mark Ruff said at the council meeting: “We hope we need these officials for a short number of days.” “This will be a trial in which the rights of the First Amendment are peacefully expressed. Rather than destruction or other types of illegal activities, these activities will require these officers to stay for countless days.”

Chicago police responded to George Floyd’s uneasy response to criticism of the new watchdog report

At the same time, Minnesota’s “Star” reported that Minnesota lawmakers are expected to resume negotiations over the weekend with a view to breaking the deadlock over the establishment of a new $35 million account that can be repaid to agencies that provide mutual assistance, including in the Chauvin trial. period.

During the Saudi trial, city officials are expected to publicly release a briefing on “plans and preparations under way to ensure community safety” at 10 am on Monday. The selection of the jury will begin on March 8, and the opening speech is scheduled to be delivered on March 29.

Floyd, a black man, died on May 25, and Chauvin, a white man, was handcuffed and pleaded that he couldn’t breathe and pressed his knee to Vloyd’s neck. Chauvin faces second-degree murder and manslaughter.

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said that more than 3,000 law enforcement officers and National Guard soldiers from across the state will be ready when the case is submitted to the jury. Last week, the mayor announced that Minneapolis was still “open” and said that people should live as usual.

Click here for the FOX News App

However, the new security measures around the Hennepin County Courthouse, City Hall and Prison (all located in the city center) include three-ring concrete barriers with two layers interlocking with a barbed wire on the top and a barbed wire in the middle. According to the Associated Press, barbed wire is installed on the top of the innermost fence, and the ground windows of all three buildings are covered with wood panels.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.


Source link