SANDY CREEK, N.Y. – A gray fox who attacked 3 people in Oswego County was tested positive for rabies, according to the county.
The fox is the second animal to have rabies this year in the county. They attacked the three people near Snyder Road and County Route 15, and those who were attacked received "post-contact rabies treatments," the district said.
Oswego District Public Health Director Jiancheng Huang warned that treatment before symptoms become visible can help prevent rabies from developing in humans.
"Our staff is available around the clock to respond to such incidents," Huang said.
Residents may report potential contact with the health department on weekdays at 31
The following rabies clinics are operating in the county:
- West Monroe: Wednesday, June 6, 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, Town Highway Garage, 46 County Rte. 11.
- Hannibal: Wednesday, July 11, 6 to 8 pm, Town Highway Garage, 68 Cemetery Drive
- Volney: Wednesday, August 8, 6 to 8 pm, Bristol Hill landfill Maintenance Building, 3125 NYS Rte. 3.
- Pulaski: Wednesday, September 12, 6 to 8 pm, County Highway Garage, 957 Centerville Road
- Scriba: Wednesday, Nov. 7, 6 to 8 pm, County Highway Garage, 31 Schaad Drive.