قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / US / Flint Water: The former Governor of Michigan faces a crisis of 12 deaths due to death

Flint Water: The former Governor of Michigan faces a crisis of 12 deaths due to death



After former Michigan Governor Rick Snyder and former Flint Public Works Director Howard Croft (Howard Croft) were separately indicted on Wednesday, the Flint Water Inspection Team is scheduled for Thursday The results of the investigation were announced at a press conference in the morning.

According to court documents, each of them faces two counts of deliberate negligence of duty as part of an investigation into the crisis. The state’s criminal law shows that these charges are misdemeanors, punishable by up to one year in prison or a fine of up to $1,000.

CNN has contacted Snyder’s lawyers and Croft̵

7;s lawyers to comment on these allegations.

Flint has been facing extremely high levels of lead since 2014, when city government and state officials switched the city’s water supply from the Detroit water supply system to the polluted Flint River to cut costs.

When the new supply line to Lake Huron is completed, the switch should be temporary. When the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality failed to treat the corrosive water, it swallowed iron and lead pipes in the city and dipped it into drinking water.

The contaminated water caused two outbreaks of Legionnaires’ disease, a severe pneumonia caused by bacteria.

More than a dozen lawsuits and a $600 million settlement agreement

Snyder served from 2010 to 2018 and he apologized in 2016 for the state’s role in the crisis.
Court documents from Republican Snyder show that the crime was dated April 25, 2014, the same day Flint changed the water source.

Snyder’s attorney Brian Lennon said earlier Wednesday that his client was being used as a scapegoat by a politically-driven special counsel. Lennon stated in the report that his client would be accused of “baseless” and was part of a “political escape.”

A quick look at the flint water crisis

Croft’s lawyer told the Detroit News Service that he informed his client on Monday that he would be sued.

The Michigan Attorney General’s office did not comment on the allegations on Wednesday night.

When the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency inspected water entering their homes in 2015, Flint residents had been complaining about the poor water quality and found dangerous levels of lead that could cause serious health problems.

More than a dozen lawsuits were filed against the state, the City of Flint, state and municipal employees who participated in the decision to switch drinking water sources, and those responsible for monitoring water quality, including several class actions.

Last year, the state reached a $600 million settlement agreement with the victims and established a court-supervised compensation fund.

The outbreak of the veterans organization has led to criminal charges against state officials, including Nick Lyon, the director of the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services in 2017.

The prosecutor dropped all criminal charges in 2019 and stated that he would start the investigation from the beginning again for concerns about the investigation of the special counsel.

Taylor Romine and Joe Sutton of CNN contributed to this report.


Source link