President-elect Biden will spend 2021 trying to return the United States to what he considers to be a more normal time, while President Trump is trying to lock the control of the Republican Party-all this time, misinformation and alternate narratives get worse.
- This is the five biggest storylines According to Axios experts, this will shape America in the next year-from politics to business, technology and media.
Biden will be “A man on a lonely island is trying to unite this country”, trying to restore civilization and return to normal in America, which is no longer possible, Margaret Talev from Axios reports.
- “I think the only thing he really controls is himself, and that is [why] He will try to use bully pulpit. “
- For those Republicans who want to participate in 2024 by themselves and want Trump to enter the sunset: “He didn’t do that.”
The rise of the alternative universe Will get worse Sara Fischer of Axios. “The information economy certainly favors speed and scale and exaggeration. It does not favor facts and measurement reports.”
- “I think that many people, including the president, have provided weapons for this reality. If you want to convey a message, it is actually easier to do, and you have to promote participation around it through exaggeration and dishonesty. This is true of.”
If there is any actual action In order to combat the power of big technologies, they are more likely to come from regulatory agencies such as the judiciary or the Federal Trade Commission than Congress. Ina Fried report from Axios.
- Yes, but: “Even if regulators are actively investigating, technology companies usually grow faster than regulators. This does not augur well for change.”
Federal Reserve “A risk-free environment has been created”, but this cannot last forever. Wall Street also knows that, According to Dion Rabouin of Axios.
- “This is an incredible economy… The buyers and sellers, the market, the details of creating products and selling goods are not good at all. But the Fed just said that if the stock market goes down, we will bring our fake ridiculous money here. “