The next big Final Fantasy XIV expansion called Endwalker will be launched later this year, but before that, Square Enix will lay the foundation with a big two-part update. Today, in the latest “Producer Letters” stream with Naoki Yoshida, new details about the 5.5 update were revealed, including new entries in the NieR-inspired “Yorha: Dark Apocalypse” raid series, new storylines Missions, trials, additional dungeons, crafting and resource manager mode updates, etc. It also revealed some more details about the PS5 version of “Final Fantasy XIV”, which will be launched in the public beta together with Beta 5.5. You can check out the new trailer for Final Fantasy XIV patch 5.5 “Death Unto Dawn” below.
This is everything that Patch 5.5 of Final Fantasy XIV can provide:
- New main scene mission -With Fandaniel and Telophoroi’s plan to remake the “Last Days”, ominous towers rise in all corners of this realm, and the prospect of peace may soon collapse. With the chaotic servants moving everything, will the scions discover their conspiracy before it is too late?
- New Alliance Raid: The Tower of Paradigm Breakthrough -The third chapter of the alliance raid series “Yorha: Dark Apocalypse” inspired by NieR.
- “Sorrowful World” Questline ending –Diamond weapons with adamantane armor and blood red beating core are the crystallization of countless sacrifices and endless suffering. When the final victory of the 7th Legion’s huge weapons project comes to Willett, who will be saved and who will fall?
- New trial version: cloud platform – In the latest trial version, players can fight the terrifying diamond weapon, which can be used in normal and extreme difficulty.
- New Dungeon: Pagson -Players can cope with this new story dungeon with other adventurers or a group of non-player characters by being compatible with the Trust System.
- “Save the Queen” Questline update -This latest update includes a new area, namely “Zadnor”, increased resistance level upper limit, finally enhanced resistance weapon and so on.
- New Unreal Judgment -The next energetic primitive man, Leviathan, returns from the reborn kingdom and terrorizes level 80 heroes, providing them with huge challenges and opportunities for unique rewards.
- Craftsman update -Senior craftsmen can look forward to the new content in version 5.5, which will bring them special achievements and unique craft tools.
- Ishgard resumes updates – With the arrival of the new era in Ishgard, lighting experts from all over Eorzea were invited to participate in the dome to commemorate this important moment. Players can earn rewards by participating in events aimed at collectors and craftsmen that take place during these regular celebrations.
- “Explorer Mode” update -The resource manager mode function will be expanded to include 70 dungeons. The Explorer mode allows players to explore the dungeon without danger to capture eye-catching and interesting screenshots, while using mounts and creeps. Players can now also use performance actions in the dungeon, such as playing an instrument.
- Performance Action Update – New instruments will be added in patch 5.55.
- PvE and PvP actions, new custom launches, new mounts and other work adjustments.
As mentioned earlier, Square Enix also revealed more details about the PS5 version of “Final Fantasy XIV”-in addition to 4K support and higher frame rates, Square Enix also promised the DualSense controller, 3D audio and a new set of The trophy provides complete tactile feedback. You can view the first off-screen material of FF14 on PS5 through the Producer live broadcast below.
“Final Fantasy XIV” is now available on PC and PS4. The first part of the PS5 public beta and 5.5 patch will arrive on April 13. The Endwalker expansion is scheduled to drop sometime this fall.