قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Sport / Fernando Tatis Jr. prepares to take the World Series to Padres

Fernando Tatis Jr. prepares to take the World Series to Padres



San Diego-It has been two years since Fernando Tatis Jr.’s major league breakthrough on Petco Park’s 2019 opening day-the crowded house greeted him with applause, which clearly shows Those fans know what they are doing in the store.

Two years later, Tatis became one of the most exciting and well-known athletes in the sport-arguably the face of baseball. His number is as high as almost any 22-year-old shortstop in history, and he has just signed a record contract to stay in San Diego.

So, what happened to him personally during that time?

Tatis said: “Some people are starting to think differently about you.” Before Tatis spoke in the media on the day of his workout, Padris opened the season to D guard on Thursday. “But I have the same feeling. I have the same feeling. The only difference is that I know I will look forward to it for a long time. The feeling I get from it is amazing, but I am the same player, the same person, and the same family member. I look forward to staying here for the next 1

4 seasons.”

Fourteen seasons. This number-the longest contract in baseball history-is still a staggering number. Tatis now has 14 seasons and he will seek to bring San Diego to his first World Series.

He still firmly believes that it won’t take that long. Tatis was asked when Padres can fulfill the promise of general manager AJ Preller that the expansion of Tatis will help win the title for the city.

Tatis said: “Soon.” “Whenever I am on the court, they should look forward to it. This is why I am committed to my work and my lifelong dedication-to win, this is in San Diego. Win.”

Since he was forced to leave the Cactus League game against the Reds on March 23, Tatis has also answered questions about his floppy left shoulder for the first time. He said that since the rookie ball, this has been a problem he has been dealing with-but it has never prevented him from playing on the court.

Tatis said: “I don’t think people need to worry about this.” “I feel great. I feel 100%.”

Tatis can’t remember the first time or when he was injured. He said that last week’s withdrawal was a precautionary measure.

He said: “This is something that has always existed.” “Have you seen me play? Diving, swinging, a little thing. This is part of the game. But at the same time it is a good taste-make you feel I’m back again.”

Indeed, Tatis is back-hopes to continue to win fourth place in the National League Most Valuable Player Award voting, and cut down .277 / .366 / .571 this season and be selected into the “All League” The MLB First-Team shortstop led Padres into the first playoff berth in 14 years.

He said, it’s not good enough.

Tatis said: “There are many things to prove, and there is still a lot of work to be done.” “This year, I am hungrier than last year.”

Jersey exchange
Negotiations started from the moment Blake Snell was traded to Padres in late December. They succeeded on Wednesday-just in time for the start of the regular season.

Snell got the fourth-placed uniform from Wil Myers because we can only assume that it is cash considerations. Patres (Patres) old No. 4 Myers (Myers) will move forward through No. 5.

A team source said that the two reached a “mutually beneficial agreement.” Snell wore it throughout his tenure in Tampa Bay, which has important implications for fourth place.

Padres said that anyone who bought the “Snell 24” jersey can exchange it for a new “Snell 4” in the club’s team store.

Baez prepares for surgery
The tormented Padres bullpen was hit hard again this week. Manager Jayce Tingler announced on Wednesday that right-handed Michel Baez plans to undergo surgery on Tommy John and will be absent this season.

Tingler said: “This is a heavy blow to the team, but it is a heavy blow to him.” “He worked very hard in the offseason. But at the same time, he is very optimistic about it. After the doctor saw it, it was a very clear decision.”

Before the injury, Baez was a marginal candidate on the San Diego roster. At the very least, the 25-year-old right-hander seems destined to serve as a valuable in-depth training in the upper level of the minor leagues.

Instead, Baez has added a growing list of Padres pressure relief devices on the shelf. Due to Tommy John’s surgery, left-handed José Castillo will also be absent this season. Austin Adams (Austin Adams) (right elbow), Pierce Johnson (groin strain), Dan Altavira (calf strain), Matt Stram (right knee surgery) and Jawi Gellar (right UCL sprain) was also absent from the roster on the opening day.

The priests opened with a five-person rotation
After Yodavish and Blake Snell got the ball on Thursday and Friday, respectively, Tingler is not going to reveal the paddlers’ rotation plan. But he did admit that San Diego will start the season with a five-man rotation.

It seems that Joe Musgrove, Chris Paddack and Adrian Morejon will fill the remaining three positions and let Ryan Weathers (Ryan Weathers) takes on the role of the bullpen. In the last four trips of the Cactus League rotation, the Padres lined up Musgrove, Paddack and Morejon to follow their two Aces.

The five-man rotation shouldn’t be surprising-but San Diego is likely to expand the group to six when they play 17 games in 17 days in mid-April. In that case, Weathers is clearly someone who can slip into the rotation-at least until Dinelson Lamet is fully recovered from his right elbow injury.


Source link