Springs, Colorado (KRDO), Colorado-The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment sent a message to patients who received the COVID-19 vaccine at the Moma Health and Wellness Clinic doctor, stating that they need to be revaccinated.
After the Joint Vaccine Working Group was informed of irregularities in vaccine storage and handling, CDHPE conducted an investigation into the Moma Health and Wellness Clinic.
On Friday, CDPHE confiscated 3,150 doses and thrown out 150 doses.
On Tuesday, CDPHE confirmed to KRDO that 3,150 confiscated doses were also confiscated.
At the time of the investigation, the clinic had received 3,933 vaccines.
In the email obtained by 1
All injections of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are considered invalid.
CDPHE recommends the following:
- Those taking one dose of Pfizer vaccine should receive two more doses according to the following time frame:
- 21 days after Dr. Moma receives your initial invalid Pfizer dose, an additional Pfizer dose
- The final dose of Pfizer is 21 days after the dose
- People who receive one dose of Moderna vaccine should receive two more doses according to the following time frame:
- 28 days after Dr. Moma receives your initial invalid Moderna dose, another dose of Moderna is injected
- Take the final dose of Moderna 28 days after the dose
For anyone who is not sure which vaccine to receive at the clinic, it is recommended that they receive two more doses of Moderna or Pfizer vaccine according to the following time frame:
- Add Moderna or Pfizer 28 days after Dr. Moma initially received an invalid mRNA dose
- Take the final dose of Moderna or Pfizer 28 days after the dose
Patients can make an appointment by clicking here or calling (1-877)-268-2926.
Read the full email below:
BREAKING: According to the @CDPHE email sent to patients tonight, an email on pic.twitter.com/7BaPEfnjHo indicated that anyone who bought a single COVID-19 vaccine at the Dr. Moma Vaccine Clinic would need to be revaccinated.
-Lauren Barnas KRDO (@laurenbarnastv) April 14, 2021
This is a developing story and will be updated as more information arrives.