The Ontario government announced on Thursday that a four-week “emergency braking” lockdown across the province will take effect on Saturday, April 3.
This is because 433 people in the intensive care unit in the province have COVID-19, which is the highest during the entire pandemic.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford said on Thursday: “My friends, we are facing a very, very serious situation.”
“We are now fighting a new enemy. These new variants are more dangerous than before. They spread faster and are more effective than the virus we fought last year.”
Currently, Ontario has 2,1
The prime minister emphasized that there are more young people in the intensive care unit, as the province’s latest modelling data shows this. Ford delivered a message directly to the young Ontario native on Thursday.
The Prime Minister said: “Please, you are not invincible.” “Imagine one of your children or any child sitting in the ICU, a young and healthy person, just because they think they are invincible. That’s terrible.”
How is this “emergency braking” different from last year’s “order at home”?
In the next four weeks, businesses and services will be affected as part of the Ontario government’s efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19, but this is not a full-time order like the end of 2020.
“We will not generate full-time orders because we have seen [last time] Given that this has great adverse effects on children and adults, especially in the case of warmer weather, we hope that people can be outdoors and enjoy outdoor activities, provided that everyone continues to comply with public health safety precautions,” Deputy Prime Minister Health Minister Christine Elliott (Christine Elliott) said.
“What we introduced is the emergency brake shutdown function, which can carry out some activities, but to lock the weather, we know that as the weather gets warmer, we have asked the Ontario people to sacrifice everything, which is too difficult.”
What closures are allowed in Ontario?
Activities allowed in the next four weeks include:
In addition to gatherings with the same family member, or gatherings between one family member and another family member, outdoor organized public events or social gatherings (up to five people).
In all retail environments, face-to-face shopping can continue. Supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, and indoor farmers’ markets have a capacity limit of 50%, and all other retailers have a capacity limit of 25%.
Weddings, funerals and religious ceremonies, ceremonies or ceremonies can continue, and the occupancy rate of each room indoors is 15%, or the maximum number of people keeping a distance of two meters outdoors. The reception can be organized outdoors and can accommodate up to five people.
What is not allowed to close in Ontario?
One of the main services for which this “emergency brake” has been cancelled is indoor and outdoor dining in restaurants.
Although it is expected that personal service settings (such as hair salons) will be able to reopen in the Grey-Lockdown area of the province on April 12, these operations will be banned for the next four weeks.
Indoor or outdoor sports and recreational fitness must also cease operations, but include exceptions for high-level athletes and physical therapy for the disabled.
Ford said: “We need to bridge the gap between where we are now and where we expect millions of vaccines to be in June.” “We need more time to implement our vaccine program.
“We are now in a desperate competition with an extremely, very aggressive and fast-growing virus. The price of doing nothing is too high.”
How did people in Ontario react to this news?
Soon after the Ontario government announced the shutdown plan, medical professionals in the province went to social media to share their views on the implementation of Ontario’s “emergency brake” strategy.
People living in Ontario also quickly expressed serious opposition to the actions taken by Ford himself and his government.