They can certainly tolerate the heat.
A team of Russian doctors completed open heart surgery-even if the flames swallowed their hospital.
After a fire broke out on the roof of a clinic in the Far East city of Blagoveshchensk on Friday, eight doctors and nurses stayed to complete the operation.
“There is nothing we can do. We must save this man,” surgeon Valentin Filatov told Russian television network REN TV.
“We have done all the work at the highest level.”
It took more than two hours for the firefighters to put out the fire. They said they used fans to keep the smoke out of the operating room and used cables to supply electricity to keep the fire.
The country’s Ministry of Emergency Situations said the operation took about two hours before the patient was sent to another hospital.
After the fire started, about 128 people were evacuated immediately.
The Ministry of Health said: “The clinic was built more than a century ago in 1907. The fire spread like lightning through the wooden ceiling of the roof.”