He announced on Twitter that after nearly a quarter of the time as the host of the “Dancing with the Stars” program, the 65-year-old ABC, who once served as the host of the ABC rating, Tom Bergeron, has withdrawn from the show. Monday night.
He wrote: “Only without me, @DancingABC will continue.” “This is an incredible 15 years of business and the most unexpected gift of my career.”
ABC and BBC Studios In a joint statement, “Dancing with the Stars” will pursue “new creative directions,”
Ms. Andrews announced her departure on Twitter this morning, and she thanked Mr. Bergeron and the show’s cast for making her six seasons unforgettable. She wrote: “Even if I’m not the best at stepping on high heels, I always cherish my life.”
Since his debut in 2005, Mr. Bergeron is known for his wit and charm, and is the only star who has hosted each season of “Dancing with the Stars”. Although the show used to be a regular show on the ratings list, the number of viewers has been declining in recent seasons. The finale of last season’s season attracted the show’s smallest audience to watch the final episode.
Last year, Mr. Bergeron publicly expressed his concerns about the decision to invite political guests on the show.
After the show was released, the decision included Sean Spicer, the former White House press secretary and President Trump’s communications director, as a contestant.
Mr. Spicer wore a dazzling, highlighter yellow, ruffled shirt and white leggings at the premiere of Season 28. He and the professional dancer Lindsay Arnold (Lindsay Arnold) with the Spice Girls song “Spice Up Your Life” (SPICE Up Your Life) understatement, technically speaking is not enough.
He joined many Republican senators who appeared before him, including Bristol Palin, daughter of former Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin; and former Texas Governor Rick Perry (running for president) Rick Perry).
Mr. Bergeron said he had not met with the show’s new executive producer, but his efforts were unsuccessful to ensure that the show “will be a comforting respite in our exhausted political atmosphere, and that any party There will inevitably be differences.”
He wrote on Twitter last August: “We can agree or disagree as we do now, but this is ultimately their request.”
Before serving as “Dancing with the Stars,” Mr. Bergeron was the spokesperson for “The Most Interesting Family Video in the United States.” This was the 15-season television series he watched. He also hosted the game show “Hollywood Plaza” from 1998 to 2004.
His departure brought us an unwelcome surprise-Mr. Bergeron told “Visit Hollywood” in 2012 that he wanted to host the show “until they kicked me away and screamed off the stage.” But even on Monday When shocked at night, Mr. Bergeron managed to break the last joke.
“What should I do with all these glitter masks now?” He tweeted.