قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Court allows Los Angeles County to retain outdoor dining ban

Court allows Los Angeles County to retain outdoor dining ban



If Los Angeles County chooses not to consider state regulations under the order of the California Court of Appeals for the Second District, it can maintain its outdoor dining ban until at least early February.

The three-judge panel of the Court of Appeals suspended the Los Angeles County Superior Court judge’s ruling, which required county public health officials to conduct a risk-benefit analysis of the temporary injunction issued in late November to make it continue to take effect. A hearing on this matter will be held on February 1

0.

County Department of Public Health Communications Director Brett Morrow said that the latest legal action filed on December 18 allows the county to continue to protect residents from the spread of the coronavirus, as hospitals are struggling to accommodate COVID-19 patients with unprecedented disease Surge.

Moreau said in an email: “The law protects the public health and safety side, and we are grateful for the court’s ruling.” He added that state law allows public health officials to “quickly and quickly” during a health crisis. Take action. .

As coronavirus cases began to increase, county officials suspended outdoor dining on November 25 (the day before Thanksgiving). California restaurant Assn. The company filed a similar lawsuit at a restaurant in downtown Los Angeles, Engine Co. No., on the grounds of stopping the county’s ban, demanding that the initial shutdown period be extended for three weeks until December 16. .

However, the whole house service order issued by the Southern California government on December 6 replaced the county’s decision to close outdoor dining, forcing 11 counties to close all face-to-face dining services. But the two groups are still trying to overturn the dining ban in Los Angeles County. High Court Judge James Chalfent said that unless further analysis of the county is conducted, the county will be restricted to the first three weeks.

In its December 8 decision, Chalfant said: “The county should be prevented from continuing to close restaurants indefinitely.”

County officials appealed Chalfant’s decision on December 17, the day after the county’s outdoor dining ban expired. However, under the overriding national authorization, there is no immediate practical effect.

However, the Court of Appeals order now allows the county to retain the dining ban in the near future, even if the state order is lifted, this is unlikely in the near future. On Tuesday, the order of staying at home was extended. It is not clear whether the county will extend the ban.

California Restaurant Assn (California Restaurant Assn.) President and CEO Jot Condie said that these restrictions have undermined restaurant owners and their employees, who are already struggling in the pandemic. He said that outdoor dining provides a lifeline for some people, while restaurants have invested thousands of dollars to provide this service.

Conti said in a statement: “We have always believed that the county’s goal is to have unfettered power in this matter-to continue to unfairly and arbitrarily extend its outdoor dining ban to any time outside of home. Off the list.” “Their appeal decision confirms our suspicions.”

Group lawyer Dennis Ellis said he believes the case will ultimately depend on whether the county needs to provide scientific evidence to support the ban.

Ellis said: “This has to do with the rule of law and whether the county must justify its order.”

Mark Geragos is an attorney for the No. 28 Engine Company in the downtown LA restaurant he owns and is also fighting the ban at the state level.

The lawsuit was filed last week on behalf of Pineapple Hill Saloon and Grill in Sherman Oaks. The owner’s Angela Marsden (Angela Marsden) saw the tears of the ban in the viral video, and the ban forced her to close the restaurant even though the Hollywood film crew established an outdoor dining area not far away.

Speaking of the French press’s dinner at the French Laundromat last month, Geragos said: “The state health minister admits that they don’t have any data to support the outdoor blockade, and the governor apparently lost any moral authority due to his hypocrisy. .”

xfbml : true, version : 'v2.9' }); };

(function(d, s, id){ var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) {return;} js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "https://connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));


Source link