HONG KONG – Chinese technology company ZTE reports it has filed a motion with the US Department of Commerce to suspend a seven-year ban. html The company said in a statement late Sunday that it had filed a formal request to the Bureau of Industry and Security of the Ministry of Commerce for a "Prohibition of Refusal"  It said that it was the office "supplementary information" after the ban sent. There were no details in his brief explanation.
ZTE Corp., which manufactures smartphones and telecommunications equipment, was hit last month by a ban on exports of telecommunications equipment to Iran and North Korea. The company has stated that the ban threatens its existence by restricting access to US suppliers of key components such as microchips.
The suspension was due to escalating US-China trade tensions that focused on technology-related intellectual property before President Donald Trump took office in January 2017. US officials met in Beijing last week to discuss trade issues with their Chinese counterparts. During the meeting, Chinese officials said they had raised objections to ZTE's punishment with the US delegation, which had agreed to report it to Trump
. The authorities imposed the sentence after they found out that Shenzhen-based ZTE, which had paid a $ 1.2 billion fine in this case, had not disciplined the staff involved and instead paid them bonuses.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, transmitted, rewritten or redistributed.