Buckingham Palace revealed the reason for Prince Philip’s hospitalization on Tuesday, a week after the 99-year-old royal was admitted to the hospital.
The palace said in a statement shared with the Huffington Post: “The Duke of Edinburgh is still staying at King Edward VII Hospital and is receiving medical care for the infection.” “He is comfortable and responds to treatment, but expects Will not leave the hospital for a few days.”
Sources close to the palace previously confirmed that the Duke’s illness has nothing to do with COVID-1
Prince Edward told Sky News on Tuesday that his father was “much better.”
The Earl of Wessex said: “He is looking forward to leaving. This is the most positive thing, so we keep our hands crossed.”
When asked if his father was frustrated in the hospital, Edward laughed and said “just a little bit”.
He said: “I think this affects all of us, and then you can only watch the clock many times, and the walls are so interesting.”
“We have received some wonderful and lovely messages from all kinds of people, and we appreciate it, and so does he.” “I have been passing them on. Great, thank you.”
Prince William also provided the latest news to his grandfather when he visited the coronavirus vaccination center on Monday.
“Yes, he is fine, they have been watching him,” William blinked.
Gather all HuffPost super fans!
Sign up as a founding member and help shape the next chapter of HuffPost