British actor director Noel Clarke said on Friday that he would seek professional help to “make the situation better” after 20 women came forward and accused him of sexual harassment, intimidation and bullying.
Clarke starred in “Doctor Who” and created the movie trilogy “Kidulthood”, “Adulthood” and “Brotherhood”.
He said in a statement: “However, recent reports have made it clear to me that some of my actions have affected people in ways that I did not intend or realize.” “I apologize for those people. I will seek professional help to educate myself and make myself better.”
“Game of Thrones”
The 45-year-old Clarke issued a statement the day after the “The Guardian” newspaper’s speech, saying that he had talked with 20 women who accused him of misbehavior, including sexual harassment. Necessary touching, improper behavior and bullying in temperament. The newspaper listed several of these women.
After the allegations were published, the British Film Academy cancelled Clark’s membership and suspended Clark’s award for outstanding contributions to the British film industry. Clark was awarded “immediately and until further notice” earlier this month.
Click here for the FOX News App
Sky Broadcasting Corporation said it would suspend its cooperation with Clark, and the TV channel ITV withdrew the last episode of the crime TV series “Viewpoint” starring Clark, which is scheduled to air on Friday. The broadcaster stated that it “has a zero tolerance policy for bullying, harassment and victimization.”
The Associated Press contributed to this report.