Officials announced on Sunday that a sergeant was charged in the Illinois bowling alley shooting this weekend. The shooting killed 3 people and injured 3 others.
Authorities charged Duke Webb, a 37-year-old Army Sergeant from Shalimar, Florida, with three counts of first-degree murder and three counts of attempted first-degree murder. According to prison records, he was detained at the Winnebago County Prison and was unfettered with his first trial scheduled at 1:30 pm on Monday.
Rockford, Illinois Police Chief Dan O’Shea identified Webb At the press conferenceSaid that officials did not believe there was a connection between the suspect and any victims of Saturday’s shooting.
Weber is a Special Forces Assistant Operations and Intelligence Sergeant, assigned to the 7th Special Forces (Airborne) 3rd Battalion at Camp Buller Simmons at Eglin Air Force Base in Florida. Army statement. He enlisted in the army in 2008 and was on vacation at the time of the shooting.
Colonel John Sonnis, commander of the Seventh Special Forces (Airborne), said in a statement: “We are shocked and sad to learn of this tragic incident. Our condolences are with the families of the victims.”
shooting It happened in the bowling alley and bar Don Carter Lanes, killing three men aged 73, 65 and 69. The suspect also injured a 62-year-old man in critical condition, a 14-year-old boy and a 16-year-old girl who were airlifted to Madison Hospital. The latter was sent to Madison Hospital for treatment and released. Local hospital.
O’Shea said the officer arrived within one minute after receiving multiple 911 calls. A few minutes after the police arrived, no one shot and the suspect was detained.
The Rockford Register Star previously reported that this year was the deadliest year in the city since 1965, with 35 homicides. This is followed by 31 homicides recorded in 1996.