قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Business / Amazon, Apple, and Google ban the Parler app from publishing violent content related to the Capitol attack

Amazon, Apple, and Google ban the Parler app from publishing violent content related to the Capitol attack



Holding a smartphone displaying the Parler logo

Olivier Douliery/Getty Images

Amazon, Apple and Google banned their respective services and app stores from using the Parler social network application after their conference on Wednesday. A group of Trump supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol.speak Full of violent comments Since before the attack on the Capitol.

John Matze, the CEO of Parler, posted a message on his app on Saturday night, and Amazon has notified him that he will no longer help to host his app on its Amazon Web Services platform . Prior to this, Apple and Google announced earlier that they would withdraw them from their respective app stores.

Matze wrote: “This is a coordinated attack by technology giants to eliminate market competition.”

; He didn’t mention the platform. Loose rules Or used by extremists before the Capitol riots. He has not mentioned that people are increasingly worried that social media applications, including Parler, will organize attacks again in the next few weeks.

Neither Amazon immediately responded to requests for comment.

Earlier in the day, Apple said in a statement that it had banned Parler from accessing its App Store because it failed to properly monitor user-posted content.

Apple stated that Apple “always supports the representation of different views in the App Store, but there is no threat of violence or illegal activities on our platform.” “Parler has not taken enough measures to address these threats to people’s safety. We have already Disable Parler from the App Store until they resolve these issues.”

The App Store is the only way to distribute apps to the iPhone, so exile poses a serious challenge to online services, although they can usually be accessed through websites.

Apple did this because Google decided to remove Parler’s Android app from its Play Store on Friday for similar reasons.

Google said: “We are aware that there are continuing posts in the Parler app that are designed to incite violence that occurs in the United States.” “We recognize that the content policy debate is reasonable and the app may have difficulty removing all violations immediately. Content, but for us to distribute the application through Google Play, we do require the application to implement a robust review of bad content.”

read more: Trump’s impeachment proceedings will begin on Monday. once again. where is it 25th Amendment Suitable for?

Google’s ban will not have as much impact on Parler as Apple does, because Android users can choose to “side-load” apps without going through the Play Store. However, this feature is disabled by default.

Platform solution platform

The modern Internet provides a rich platform to directly communicate with millions of people. It turns out that this Balance the advantages and disadvantages of online discussions.

Parler’s CEO Matze issued a warning that his app may have been removed from Amazon’s web service after a group of employees called on the company to take action. Amazon employees wrote in a tweet: “We cannot participate in more bloodshed and violent attacks on our democracy.”

Less than a day later, they declared their victory. The organization said: “We require Amazon to use platform technology as a pivotal person to incite violence and attack our democracy. This is Amazon’s platformless white supremacist.”

According to Buzzfeed, in Apple’s case, the iPhone manufacturer sent a warning letter to Parler on Friday, asking the app to improve its moderation.

“We have received a lot of complaints about objectionable content in your Parler service, accusing the Parler app of being used to plan, coordinate and promote illegal activities in Washington, D.C. on January 6, 2021. These lives led to (among them Including) death, countless injuries and property damage. The app seems to continue to be used to plan and promote further illegal and dangerous activities.” “If we do not receive compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines and requirements within 24 hours Your app will be deleted from the App Store.”

Apple said in a follow-up letter to Parler developers on Saturday that Apple still sees unacceptable content on Parler.

Apple wrote: “In your response, you mentioned that Parler has been taking this kind of content very seriously.” “However, the measures that Paller has taken to mitigate or prevent the spread of dangerous and illegal content have proven to be insufficient. In particular, we continue to detect direct threats of violence and call for illegal actions.”

And an obvious plan put forward by Parler does not satisfy Apple.

Apple wrote: “Your response also temporarily cited an audit plan that did not meet ongoing requirements,” Apple wrote. “Although there is no perfect system to block all dangerous or hateful user content, applications must develop a robust content review plan to actively and effectively solve these problems. Given the widespread proliferation, temporary “task groups” are not enough to deal with harmful content.”

Paller also did not respond to Apple’s request for comment on the ban.

In a Parler post on Friday, CEO Matze challenged Apple’s position and said that Apple did not maintain Twitter or Facebook to the same standard. He said: “Obviously, they think Parler is responsible for all user-generated content on Parler.” “According to the same logic, Apple must be responsible for all actions taken by the mobile phone. Every car bomb, every illegal mobile phone call, every time Apple is responsible for all illegal crimes committed on the iPhone.”

Apple did not respond to a request for comment regarding Matze’s remarks.

Content crackdown on social media

The biggest example of de-platformization occurred on Friday, Twitter permanently suspends President Donald Trump‘S account “due to the risk of further incitement to violence”.

Twitter suspended President Donald Trump’s Twitter account on January 8, 2021.

Twitter permanently suspended President Donald Trump’s Twitter account on Friday.

Screenshot by Stephen Shankland/CNET

After the riots in the Capitol led to death, vandalism and property damage (not to mention insulting national and international democratic symbols), social media sites took a tougher stance on activities they considered dangerous. Facebook and Instagram prevent Trump from publishing new posts “Indefinitely.” Reddit cut off The_Donald, A major right-wing discussion forum, and Twitter banned several well-known accounts Falsified QAnon conspiracy theory related to the right.

In a tweet on Friday, the famous New York Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called on Google and Apple to take action after rumors of violence against Paller.

Paller is increasingly important

Parler’s importance to right-wing militants is increasing day by day, because after the loyalists swept the Capitol on Wednesday, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram have been using this approach on Trump’s social media accounts.

According to reports, Apple said in an interview with Parler on Friday: “Our investigation found that Parler did not effectively review and delete content that encourages illegal activities, and directly violates your own terms of service, posing a serious threat to the health and safety of users. “It is said that there are a few examples showing the threat of violence. “This kind of dangerous and harmful content does not apply to the App Store. From previous conversations with App Review, we know that Apple requires that applications with user-generated content must be effectively reviewed to ensure that offensive, potentially Harmful content. Content that threatens users has never accepted the welfare of others or intended to incite violence or other illegal acts on the App Store.”




Source link