Actress Pauley Perrette thanked CBS for treating her, days after she said she had suffered "several physical attacks" without describing her before leaving "NCIS" after 15 seasons.
"I want to thank my studio and network has always been so good to me and always had my back" Perrette tweeted late Tuesday shortly after CBS had issued its own statement.
"Over a year ago, Pauley came to us with a workplace corporation," CBS Television Studios said. "We took the matter seriously and worked with her to find a solution, and we're committed to a safe working environment in all our shows."
Neither Perrette nor CBS has given any indication of what happened to her or who was responsible. A CBS spokesman denied further comments on Wednesday, and Perrette's publicist did not respond immediately to an email for more information. The network on May 8 broadcast the last "NCIS" episode for Perrette's character Abby, which drew more than 1
Then over the weekend she sent a series of long, vague tweets stating that she had been attacked, but "refused to go low" and publicly broadcast what was happening.
It's horrible. I left. Several physical attacks, "Perrette said in the first of four tweets broadcast on Saturday and Sunday." I really understand it now. Stay safe. Nothing is worth your safety. Tell someone.
She went on to say that there was a "machine" that kept her quiet and told false stories about her, and that tabloids told "total lies" about her, again without giving specifics.
Maybe I'm wrong because I did not spill the beans, tell the story, THE TRUTH, she tweeted. "I feel I need to protect my crew, jobs, and so many people. But at what price? "